What music do CL lovers like to listen to?

cllover

Aug 4, 2008
Since we have a book thread like this, we should have a music one as well! Plus, I love getting music recommendations from other people! What do CLs have to do with music, you might ask. Well, maybe CL lovers tend to listen to particular genres of music - maybe music that we imagine ourselves walking down the catwalk to! ;)

So, what have you been your recent musical obsessions?

Me: Camera Obscura, Belle & Sebastian, The Shins, PJ Harvey, Buddy Holly, and Elvis Costello.

The best CD I've gotten recently: The Last Shadow Puppets

Hm, I think my favorite people to listen to are Weezer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Mariah Carey. I also like No Doubt, Nine Inch Nails, and a lot of others, but I listen to pretty much everything.

Me: Camera Obscura, Belle & Sebastian, The Shins, PJ Harvey, Buddy Holly, and Elvis Costello.
Wow, I think you're the only other person I've heard even MENTION Belle & Sebastian! I listened to them alot in high school.
My music tastes are pretty diverse. Right now I'm into John Mayer and Josh Pyke, but my tastes range from The Cure to Fleetwood Mac to the Smashing Pumpkins to The Smiths to Whitney Houston to Groove Armada to Queen to Chemical Brothers to Hybrid to Jes to Kirsty Hawkshaw to Alex Lloyd to Simon & Garfunkel to The Beatles to Beethoven to Chicane to Cowboy Junkies to Mazzy Star to Kylie to Michael Jackson to Plump DJs!

I love surf rock above all. Most people associate that with the Beach Boys and they're dead wrong. This is why I never really discuss my taste in music with people, I tend to get blank stares! My favourites are The Ventures way back from the sixties to slightly newer Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet and into the nineties: Man or Astro-man? (who always have a special place in my heart :heart:) and Los Straitjackets. It's all instrumental and totally fun, sometimes very experimental and always telling a story with music, not lyrics. I usually listen to music on my way to and back from work, so its like a soundtrack. The rest, a small part, of my collection is very diverse, from heavy metal and classic rock to jazz and classical.

I'm eclectic! Since my XM radio mysteriously stopped working I rotate between a classic rock station and an oldies station in the car. At home I might have the Prodigy, the Grateful Dead, Baaba Maal, opera's greatest arias, and the Gipsy Kings in the CD player in the living room and "100% Funk" in the CD player in the master bathroom.

I can listen to almost anything. I just love music in general, but my preferences would be Christian Rock, 80s stuff....pop, rock, and hair bands, Mariah Carey I love, current Top 40s including Jonas Brothers (I have to, so I can stay a cool mom with my 13 year old ;)), and numerous 90s stuff.....Third Eye Blind, Goo Goo Dolls...etc.

Last edited:
I listen to everything except rap and country, or that really hard screaming rock music. My iPod has a lot of things like Elton John, Rob Thomas, George Michael, 80s, Eagles, Celine Dion, Annie Lennox, etc

I'm a big Contemporary Jazz fan and listen to Watercolors on XM or my iPod. My favorites are Dave Grusin, Earl Klugh, Bob James, David Sanborn and David Benoit.

New Age - Secret Garden (Wow! - Amazing)

I also listen to a wide range of music with the exception of Rap. I don't feel the love on that stuff.

ooooh absolutely everything...
but im currently listening to:
tracy bonham, missy higgins , rachel yamagata and schuyler fisk -when i do uni work
rock n soft rock - when im driving
dance and a bit of rnb/hip hop- when getting ready to go out
i put my collection on random when im in the coffee shop in uni n i find so many treasures.

I love a lot of music. My roots are in 70s punk/80s post-punk and David Bowie from the beginning. I was into the grunge thing (and still listen to Alice in Chains).

From this decade, I love are The Strokes, Kings Of Leon (first three albums, not the last one), Radiohead, Elliott Smith, Grandaddy, Built to Spill, The Rapture, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The New Year/Bedhead, Black Mountain, Calla, Cat Power, Blonde Redhead, Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age and the list goes on. I like Interpol and BRMC too, but steer clear for personal reasons

I'm a little out of current music. Maybe I'm gettting old, but I'm just not inspired by most of what i hear lately. I do like Vampire Weekend though!

I also love old reggae Big Youth, Prince Far I, etc.

Last edited:
I like a little of everything ... but I love BRITNEY.

Me too:yahoo::yahoo: Can't wait for her to come to DC, got my tickets already...

I like all kinds of music, but lately it's been tons of Country (I went to College in Nashville), love the Dixie Chiks!!! Lots of old school RnB and old school Rap (Kool Mo Dee, Dana Dane, RunDMC, Beastie Boys, Curtis Blow)