Help with the Love Me Midi Handles

*suzi*

O.G.
Sep 16, 2006
I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind giving me your 2 cents on the length of the Love Me Midi Handles. I joined the bespoke for the matte grey and have been thinking about what would make that my perfect bag. I think I am really a satchel kind of girl and rarely wear any bag on my shoulders. Although, I will use the messenger strap when I need to be hands free. So, I am toying with the idea of making the handles shorter. Do you think that would destroy the look of the bag?

Before I go into a state of shock (:shocked: <--like this, except worse) tell me that any shortening of handles consideration is taking place before your bag goes into production, rather than afterwards ... the thought of brandishing scissors at a poor helpless LM Midi is more than I can bear!!

Before I go into a state of shock (:shocked: <--like this, except worse) tell me that any shortening of handles consideration is taking place before your bag goes into production, rather than afterwards ... the thought of brandishing scissors at a poor helpless LM Midi is more than I can bear!!

Well, I was condsidering calling Cilifine:nuts: but then I thought it would be easier to do it prior to the completion of the bag.;)

:lol: :sweatdrop:

OK then, well I'm nearly 5'6" and can carry my LM Midi in my hand and it looks fine - it's still quite far off the ground.

If you wanted it a bit shorter, I wouldn't think there would be much harm done design-wise with maybe an inch off either side? :shrugs:

Ooooh, love the new avatar. Those boots really rock. Did you pop in because you heard your old friend may be in need of your cutting services?:graucho:

I'm really excited about getting my bag back and I can't wait to see what the two zippers will look like.

speaking of the LMM, a bag I've lusted after for a while, does it have magnetic pieces at the top like the TME Midi? The pics I've seen have all been of every angle except from the top.

thanks for your help

I just noticed on the BE site in the description for the LM midi it says the strap drop is 10" but on the full size LM it says the strap drop is 9"
So -- you could probably definitely shorten by 1 or even 2" (assuming the text on the BE site is accurate)

I'm 5'2"ish and I can carry my LM Midi in my hand without a problem. I also think you can take 2 inches off each one and still be able to wear it over your shoulder. However, because the handles are spaced far apart, the bag might look a little funny with unless you wear it with the drawstring cinched (I usually keep mine flat)