CC payment through Paypal?

Coach10619

Obsessed
May 20, 2008
I have seen a lot of you talking about making a payment through paypal but, using a credit card. I was just wondering how that works? The only payment options that I see are using my Paypal funds or to transfer from a bank account. I don't see using a CC as an option.
Thanks!

You have to add the credit card to your paypal account, and then when you purchase something, you can change the payment options to the credit card, bank account or Paypal balance. I think you can do it under Profile, the add a credit card option will be listed.

But be aware that your account will default to your other means of payment, and when you choose credit card Paypal will give you a message trying to convince you to not use it. (Because they have less control over transactions made using your CC). Be sure to read the message carefully or you might press the wrong button and end up with it still coming out of your bank account.

You just have to switch it to the cc again. And, yes, PayFoe makes a point stressing how completely, totally, utterly, 100% safe and exciting it is to pay with an instant transfer from a bank account vs. using a cc. It's heartwarming.

And, yes, PayFoe makes a point stressing how completely, totally, utterly, 100% safe and exciting it is to pay with an instant transfer from a bank account vs. using a cc. It's heartwarming.[/quote]

LOL - that made me smile... I always switch to using a cc and actually wish my bank account wasn't even linked to PP. I did set up a seperate bank account just for PP and don't keep much in it. But be aware that if you have *any* funds in your PP account they will use that first, no matter what form of payment *you* want to use.

You just have to switch it to the cc again. And, yes, PayFoe makes a point stressing how completely, totally, utterly, 100% safe and exciting it is to pay with an instant transfer from a bank account vs. using a cc. It's heartwarming.

:roflmfao: Isn't it so funny how they ask in such a confusing way.

"I you sure you don't not want to not use your Paypal Balance for this purchase?"
I'm always like um yes....oh wait....no? Wait, yes?

Like doubledogs and KZ said- I agree it is safer to carry a 0 balance in PP and to have a bank account linked to it that is only used for PP.

:roflmfao:

Yes, Paypoo has gone to great lengths to coerce/trick us into using our checking accounts so we can't do chargebacks.

Thanks everyone for your answers. I had an experience once when paypal took the funds from my bank account instead of using the funds in paypal so, now, every single time I make a payment, I make sure I look to see where they are taking the funds from before I click on send.

And, yes, PayFoe makes a point stressing how completely, totally, utterly, 100% safe and exciting it is to pay with an instant transfer from a bank account vs. using a cc. It's heartwarming.

LOL - that made me smile... I always switch to using a cc and actually wish my bank account wasn't even linked to PP. I did set up a seperate bank account just for PP and don't keep much in it. But be aware that if you have *any* funds in your PP account they will use that first, no matter what form of payment *you* want to use.[/quote]