Food Valentine's cookies

lily25

Hermèsistible
O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
I need a recipe for Valentines cookies asap, to try once, before I make them on V day. No chocolate if possible. I want to use a heart shaped cookie cuter. Thanks a bunch!!!:smile:

I use this recipe all the time. It is fabulous.

No Fail Sugar Cookie

6 c. flour
3 t. baking powder
2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 t. salt

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingrediants in a separate bowl. Slowly add dry mixture to butter mixture. Mix until flour is comletely incorporated and the dough comes together.

Chill for 1-2 hours. Roll to desired thickness. Cut into shapes. Bake for 8-10 minutes in 350 degree oven.

Now here are some tips for this recipe:

After you cut your cookies out, put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes or so. Then place the cookies directly from the freezer into the oven. This helps the cookies not "spread".

Also, I leave out the baking power in order to further insure the cookies don't spread.

I have a great icing recipe for these if you want to decorate them! Let me know if you want it.

Thank you for the suggestions! I need to find red sugar for decorating them. The freezer trick is pretty nifty!

And yes please, I need the icing recipe as well! If it is not too much to ask!

No Fail Sugar Cookie

6 c. flour
3 t. baking powder
2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 t. salt

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingrediants in a separate bowl. Slowly add dry mixture to butter mixture. Mix until flour is comletely incorporated and the dough comes together.

Chill for 1-2 hours. Roll to desired thickness. Cut into shapes. Bake for 8-10 minutes in 350 degree oven.

After you cut your cookies out, put them in the freezer for about 30 minutes or so. Then place the cookies directly from the freezer into the oven. This helps the cookies not "spread".

Also, I leave out the baking power in order to further insure the cookies don't spread.

I have a great icing recipe for these if you want to decorate them! Let me know if you want it.

I am definitely trying this recipe. Please also send on the icing instructions! Thanks for posting!

Here is the frosting for the cookies...it's actually called a Sugar Cookie Glaze. My children love it the best, more than the normal Royal Icing. It makes a lot so I normally cut the recipe in half unless I am doing a ton of cookies.

Sugar Cookie Glaze

4 lbs. powdered sugar
1/2 c. + 2T corn syrup
1 T + 2 tsp white vanilla
1 c. water

Put all ingrediants together in a large bowl and mix until combined. Add more water if thinner consistency is desired. Add more powdered sugar if thicker consistency is desired.

I usually thicken it to use for outlining my cookies and then use it just a little thinner to "flood" the cookies. Also, sometimes I use almond flavoring for a little different taste. You can use peppermint at christmas time!

I hope this helps. PM me or email if you need more help.

No Fail Sugar Cookie

6 c. flour
3 t. baking powder
2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 t. salt

Thats a great recipe :tup:. I will be making these and the girls can decorate them.:ty: