Dry Scalp

gueancla

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
:sad: If anyone have any recommendation for my dry scalp/dandruff? I don't know what is it but it's really crazy and how embarrasing is this. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

I heard there is a difference between a dry scalp & dandruff although many people would think its the same. If you use Head & Shoulders on a dry scalp, it will make it worse!

Another vote for Head & Shoulders. I always seem to get dandruff in the cold weather months and this works wonders for me!

You can also buy some apple cider vinegar and dab it on your scalp using cotton balls. Let it sit for a few minutes before washing it out with whatever shampoo you use. Did this for awhile, too, and it works just as well as the Head & Shoulders.

Another vote for Head & Shoulders. I always seem to get dandruff in the cold weather months and this works wonders for me!

You can also buy some apple cider vinegar and dab it on your scalp using cotton balls. Let it sit for a few minutes before washing it out with whatever shampoo you use. Did this for awhile, too, and it works just as well as the Head & Shoulders.

Great advice. Thank you! I'll do it. In fact I just bought apple cider vinegar and I started taking 2 tbsp with honey and mix in water three times a day. I was reading at the earthclinic.com that it works wonders.

I heard there is a difference between a dry scalp & dandruff although many people would think its the same. If you use Head & Shoulders on a dry scalp, it will make it worse!
I was going to say the same thing.

I'm prone to flaky scalp-- different than dandruff-- when the weather's cold. In the winter, I use a more moisturizing shampoo & I only lather once. I always use deep conditioner on my ends, but during the winter I put it on my roots too. This keeps the flakies away!

deep condition

or even apply a setting lotion before you blow dry your hair, stay away from your roots if you can and make sure the dryer's setting isn't piping hot

Great advice. Thank you! I'll do it. In fact I just bought apple cider vinegar and I started taking 2 tbsp with honey and mix in water three times a day. I was reading at the earthclinic.com that it works wonders.

YAY!! i'm so glad that there's another earthclinic user here!!! I'm also glad that you're drinking apple cider vinegar!! woohoo. Did you buy the Braggs kind from GNC? This is the stuff that works, nothing else beats it...well, Trader Joe's unfiltered is great too. Yes, try this. Topically applying this will definitely work:tup:. I've tried this before because I get really dry scalp sometimes and it's crazy!!! So annoying and embarrassing and this apple cider vinegar totally works. I don't think i've had a case of the dry nasty scalp since i used it twice months ago:wtf:. Update us on what works.

I hope you use the natural method because you'll only have to apply it once or twice, wash and rinse w/your regular shampoo. As for the other methods such as head n' shoulders and t-gel, or whatever dandruff shampoo's out there, you'll always have to use it.

A warning though, it REALLY REALLY stinks. Especially when you're in the shower and it's hot and it steams up the vinegar. A word of advice - rinse as fast as you can!

Cheers to natural medicine miracles!! The natural way, is the best way.