Food Cooking with Wine - Recipes

Jan 28, 2007
Does anyone have any recipes to share that involve adding wine? I noticed that the most delicious recipes always have wine for an ingredient!!! :graucho: Red or white wine recipes welcome! I do have one of my own that goes with pork, so as soon as I locate that, I will post mine, as well! I'm just looking for some new ones, and the easier, the better... thanks! :smile:

i make quick pan sauces with wine all the time. lol i dont even have recipies cuz i make it up as i go along, but it usually pan drippings, some flour/cornstarch, wine and/or lemon juice and chicken or beef broth...depending on if its chicken or steak

I also love to add red wines or madeira/marsala to make pan sauces or enhance demi glaces. My favorite dish with wine would have to be this shrimp pasta dish I had at a french restaurant. It is quite simple with shrimp, angel hair, champagne/chardonnay, and maybe tarragon?? I have no idea what it was, so light and fresh. I'd kill for the recipe!

If you like cooking with wine, I recommend The Wine Lover Cooks With Wine. http://www.amazon.com/Wine-Lover-Co...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233166168&sr=1-1

Every recipe I've tried from it has been great! The book is divided by methods of cooking and includes a wine pairing with each recipe. There are other books in the series. The first one is The Wine Lover's Cookbook, but it's more towards pairing wine with recipes rather than actually using wine as an ingredient.

My favorite wine recipe right now is "Soused Pasta" from the third book in the Wine Lover series, The Wine Lover Cooks Italian. It's easy to make and doesn't involve a lot of active time. Basically, you get the cheapest bottle of red wine you can find. Then, sautee some carrots, celery, and onion in a pot. Add the wine and simmer for 10 mins. Add some pasta and simmer for 10 more minutes. Drain pasta and veggies and then stir in some butter, montasio or asiago cheese, and a pinch of nutmeg. The pasta turns a nice purple color and if you garnish it with some fresh basil leaves it's fabulous! It's very filling, but so tasty!

If you're interested in the actual recipe, PM me and I'll post it when I get home, it's on my LiveJournal, which I can't reach from work.

I add cabernet to my beef stew, and spaghetti sauce. I also add it to my marinades for beef and venison.
I use a pinot noir or chardonnay for seafood and chicken dishes and marinades.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Boeuf Bourguignon!
[/FONT]

juvo88.jpg

2yxmc89.jpg