What would you do? Refund s&h?

mymeimei02

O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
Ok I had not sold on eBay in a while due to these unfair changes to legitimate seller but I just sold an item through Buy it Now. OK fine except the buyer asked about free shippping for Buy it now and she just went ahead and bought it without waiting for my response. Hence I did not agree to it and now she is demanding that I refund her the s&h charges. :cursing:
She did pay immediately since I had put that on there when a buyer uses the Buy it Now option. I might have agreed with if it wasn't getting any activity but I just listed it at very reasonable price. So the question is do I refund the s&h which is $10 or ignore it since she already paid and she didn't wait for my response?:confused1: Thanks in advance :smile:

She can and probably will leave you a neg and also ding your stars for "excessive" shipping costs. It's a shame but it is a buyer's world on ebay now. I would not back down if I were you since you didn't authorize free shipping and she did BIN anyway.

Hi
If your auction stated free shipping with BIN then yes by all means offer the buyer free shipping. If it didn't then she pays shipping that was listed in the auction. Simple as. Don't get into a bartering situation with the buyer, just send the item when she has paid the full total price.
That's me...!
:smile:

I did not state in the auction free s&h with Buy it Now. I just don't understand why she could not have waited rather than just purchasing it without my response. She has 95% feedback and over 500 feedback so she is not new. Since I did not agree to it prior her purchasing the item I am not refunding the s&h which is only $10 for an item that is worth over $100. I just did not appericiate her demanding message on the invoice stating that I needed to refund her the s&h because she had asked me about it before. If she does give me a negative is there a way I can fight it or should I just save myself the trouble and just refund her?

I did not state in the auction free s&h with Buy it Now. I just don't understand why she could not have waited rather than just purchasing it without my response. She has 95% feedback and over 500 feedback so she is not new. Since I did not agree to it prior her purchasing the item I am not refunding the s&h which is only $10 for an item that is worth over $100. I just did not appericiate her demanding message on the invoice stating that I needed to refund her the s&h because she had asked me about it before. If she does give me a negative is there a way I can fight it or should I just save myself the trouble and just refund her?

She's an experienced eBayer who is knowingly trying to take advantage of you IMO.

She knows how to manipulate star ratings and feedback.

If I were in your position, I would refund her money to save yourself the trouble.

So sorry you're dealing with this.

I agree with others. She knows what she's doing. I would not submit to her crap. And if she leaves you Neg feedback, contact fBay and see if, given the circumstances, it could be removed. It's unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to try. She's demanding something that was not included in the auction, so I think you would have a chance.

I just did not appericiate her demanding message on the invoice stating that I needed to refund her the s&h because she had asked me about it before. If she does give me a negative is there a way I can fight it or should I just save myself the trouble and just refund her?[/QUOTE]

I would contact ebay and send the copies of her messages to you. No buyer can demand free shipping. She's obviously trying to take you for a ride and scare you with potential neg feedback. If you give her free shipping she might demand 50% off the purchase price when she receives the item because she simply doesn't like it etc. etc...
Fight this ridiculousness, it's making me really angry just sitting here :cursing:

If she threatens neg FB, save that email. Hope it's in my messages? - only communicate with her from now on in the official ebay My Messages so you will have a record. Ebay will pay attention to threats and stuff like this (demanding free shipping.) Good luck.
I just did not appericiate her demanding message on the invoice stating that I needed to refund her the s&h because she had asked me about it before. If she does give me a negative is there a way I can fight it or should I just save myself the trouble and just refund her?

I would contact ebay and send the copies of her messages to you. No buyer can demand free shipping. She's obviously trying to take you for a ride and scare you with potential neg feedback. If you give her free shipping she might demand 50% off the purchase price when she receives the item because she simply doesn't like it etc. etc...
Fight this ridiculousness, it's making me really angry just sitting here :cursing:[/quote]

I just contacted eBay and informed them on what had happen. Of course I would have to wait to see if she really does give me a negative. I saved all her e-mails to which I have not responded to. The nerve of some people being so rude. :cursing: I think I would have responded if she asked differently and had waited for my response. She asked 8:38am and used BIN at 8:42 she only waited less than 5 min! Thanks all for the advice I really needed to vent a little.