Unbelievable buyer's remorse

tomodachi

Sep 14, 2006
I can't believe that i receive this kind of email from my buyer

I just received the Mizi handbag you sent yesterday and its unfortunate that I am writing to let you know that it not 100% authentic as you clearly stated in the auction. I had the bag inspected upon receipt, by a Louis Vuitton representative and they?re 100% positive that the bag is not real?however a high end knockoff. As you already know LV employees are not authorized to give letters of authenticity; luckily for me I have a close friend that used to work there and was able to attain one from Management. I?m very disappointed and upset that you wasted my time and lead me to believe other wise. As stated in your EBay page you will offer a complete refund if the bag is not authentic. I will not spend $995 on a High-End fake. I will need a complete refund unless you are willing to offer the bag at it?s true value. The most I can offer you is $200 on a non-authentic LV bag. And the only reason I?m offering that much is because I just received the Mizi handbag you sent yesterday and its unfortunate that I am writing to let you know that it not 100% authentic as you clearly stated in the auction. I had the bag inspected upon receipt, by a Louis Vuitton representative and they?re 100% positive that the bag is not real?however a high end knockoff. As you already know LV employees are not authorized to give letters of authenticity; luckily for me I have a close friend that used to work there and was able to attain one from Management. I?m very disappointed and upset that you wasted my time and lead me to believe other wise. As stated in your EBay page you will offer a complete refund if the bag is not authentic. I will not spend $995 on a High-End fake. I will need a complete refund unless you are willing to offer the bag at it?s true value. The most I can offer you is $200 on a non-authentic LV bag. And the only reason I?m offering that much is because..I just received the Mizi handbag you sent yesterday and its unfortunate that I am writing to let you know that it not 100% authentic as you clearly stated in the auction. I had the bag inspected upon receipt, by a Louis Vuitton representative and they?re 100% positive that the bag is not real?however a high end knockoff. As you already know LV employees are not authorized to give letters of authenticity; luckily for me I have a close friend that used to work there and was able to attain one from Management. I?m very disappointed and upset that you wasted my time and lead me to believe other wise. As stated in your EBay page you will offer a complete refund if the bag is not authentic. I will not spend $995 on a High-End fake. I will need a complete refund unless you are willing to offer the bag at it?s true value. The most I can offer you is $200 on a non-authentic LV bag. And the only reason I?m offering that much is because it is a HIGH END FAKE, nothing more. If your willing to except the $200 offer please refund my the reaming $795 to my PayPal account immediately and I will forgo leaving a negative feedback. If you choose not to take the offer I will need all my money back and I will return the bag immediately.

Very disappointed,
Nkoli

this is my auction link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260342431952

i'm pretty sure that this is buyer's remorse because she actually offer to buy this so called fake bag for $200?

what should I do? i have already ask her to go to caroldiva.

I would call ebay/PP and alert them what is going on. Save all her emails in case you need them for a case. I would only communicate through the ebay my messages function (not by regular email)

Yikes! That's quite an email.

First things first, are you absolutely certain the bag is authentic? I am not trying to offend you at all - it looks lovely & perfect to me and I think your buyer is trying to scam you. I'm just double-checking so that I can give you appropriate advice. A few thoughts:

First, if she files a claim with PayP claiming the bag is a fake, she'll need to prove that it's a fake. I would think that would be difficult to do, but she claims that she has a friend at LV who wrote her just such a letter. That, too, sounds like a scam, however, if she does have a friend that did write her a letter, PayP might side with her and as far as I know, you wouldn't get your bag back. If she's bluffing, and she files, she'd be on the hook to get a letter proving it's a fake, which she probably wouldn't be able to do. Could you maybe post you auction in the AT thread to bolster your case? I see you referred her to Caroldiva, which was an excellent idea.

Second, she's threatening to leave you a negative, which is clearly feedback extortion. You can absolutely report her to *bay for that, although I might hold off on doing so until things are a bit further along, as you want your bag back.

Third, did you put a security tag on your bag? If not, there might be a chance that she's going to send you a fake in the place of your real bag, but let's hope not. Let's hope she just has buyer's remorse and wants your bag for $200 and not the $995 she paid for it.

To me, she sounds like a nightmare buyer, and I would say that probably the easiest thing to do is to request that she send the bag back and offer her a full refund, then mutually withdraw from the transaction to get your fees back from *bay. Then you are free to relist and sell the bag to an individual who will appreciate it.

I hope this all works out for you and I am very sorry you are going through this. Hang in there!

Yea, I so want to see the letter of authenticity and I would call that store and possibly LV corporate to report this letter if it was in fact written by an employee, which I highly doubt.

Are you 100% sure it is authentic in that you purchased it directly from an LV boutique or eLuxury?

She said "If your willing to except the $200 offer please refund my the reaming $795 to my PayPal account immediately and I will forgo leaving a negative feedback. "

Report her to eBay for negative feedback extortion, she might get booted as she basically asked for payment not to leave a negative feedback.

Choo said what I said and beat me by seconds :smile:

IMHO She's trying to scam you. She has a friend that is so "in" at LV that she could obtain a written letter of non-authenticity but would be willing to carry a fake for $200??? I would tell her no, and that the bag is authentic and she can take it up with PP. I just worry that she is going to try and send you a fake and keep the real bag.
Why is her email repeated over and over?

What is it with buyers these days? The names may change but the letters/emails are all starting to sound alike!

OP - where is your buyers location? I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.

Totally sounds like a scam to me. Who in their right mind would even offer to pay $200 for a fake bag. I love the way they say......if you don't accept the offer of $200 then refund my full amount..THEN I will send the bag back. I would totally report her. Not sure if she's planning to bait and switch or if she's just trying to scare you into giving it to her for $200. INSANE.

Yikes! Sounds like a scam starting to happen!

I'd get the bag back, authenticate that it's your bag, then refund her. You might casually mention that your bag has a special way of being identified, and so you will be looking for that when she returns the purse. It may dissuade her from sending a fake.

Good luck!

jen

This has the words s-c-a-m spelled out. It is feedback extortion and refund extortion all combined into one. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, OP. Any chance you tagged the bag with a special marker or anything like that?....if so, try reiterating that to the buyer and be firm that you must get back the exact same bag with that unique tag in tact.

BTW this scammer buyer's eBay ID is Nkoli, right? OK I've got that blocked. These days my blocked bidder list is just growing by the minute.

Please keep us updated on this unfolds. Good luck!