Designer Brands You Will Never Buy

fendihunter

Wife,mom,purse hog!
O.G.
Sep 28, 2006
I've been wondering about this for awhile. I've got close friends who are goo-goo ga-ga over a particular bag, and I can't stand it or just don't see what the big deal is about. :shrugs:

My personal dislike is the Birkin....don't shoot me. I just think it looks like luggage. My "I don't see the big deal about it" is the Balenciaga motorcycle bag. It's ok. Just don't see why it's such a big hit. Personally, I don't like bags that have stuff hanging from it.

I'm interested in finding out if you ladies have any hidden dislikes. C'mon and air them out.

Vent...purge...you'll feel lots better.:yahoo:

OH- do not put down Balenciaga!!!!:lol: Love them to pieces!!!:love: They are so addicting b/c the leather is amazing, they are so light weight to carry and the colors are gorgeous! I love the tassels.

Bags that bug me are fakes! I hate it so much! I get ill when I see them.

Reactions: mgwonline
Im not a big fan of Balenciaga at all....I love my LV...but the new groom line....is just kind of silly to me. (I do like the colors they are showing...but that little dude...I just want to hit him.) lol:nuts:

Reactions: anasanfran
welp, there are lots of designer bags i'm not crazy about, but i don't want anyone to shoot me :P ...however, i'm a die-hard b-bag lover & will love them 'till the day i die :love:...the leather's the most amazing i've ever seen & also the most durable bag leather known to man ;)...the colors & styles are fun, cool & chic beyond belief & they're super light too!!!...i also love how no 2 b-bags look alike & they get better over time :tender:

My chance to vent on the .... ah , I already feel the stares of hate...but, I don't understand the appeal of the LV Damier. It looks like grandpa slippers. I think it's nice for guys stuff but not a purse.

Nyria:heart:
(I still love you Louis)

Reactions: StylishMe
Yep - never understood the appeal of Balenciaga bags - sorry ladies! Also hate,hate,hate some of the "hot" bags of the moment - that huge Prada one with the leather pleats that Vic Beckham has been toting around town recently and the Burberry Manor bag - the zip around the front just makes it look like a giant face! Love the Hermes Kelly- so elegant - hate the Birkin - luggage is about right.

My chance to vent on the .... ah , I already feel the stares of hate...but, I don't understand the appeal of the LV Damier. It looks like grandpa slippers. I think it's nice for guys stuff but not a purse.

Nyria:heart:
(I still love you Louis)

I never got the appeal of Damier, either. Even before the speedy, I was all why? I never liked it for some reason. Then I found out, it was originally, or intented to be, a male line. It seems to make sense to me. It's really not that feminine or appealing imo. :P

I just don't get the Balenciaga thing. The black city was nice when it first came out many years ago but I think the style has been overkilled. No offense. I agree about the Birkin too. Next would be the LV Speedy. I understand its a classic style. I own one too but don't get the big deal about it. And lastly, Chanel. The chain on my cambon has broken twice so I'm not happy with the quality. Perhaps mine is just defective.