Black Sabrina but Gold or Silver hardware? HELP!

HOTasFCUK

Oct 9, 2008
Hey everyone! I really want to get the smaller sized Sabrina in black but i'm not sure if i should get it with the gold or the silver hardware. They both look so great! How did you choose?

I had this same dilemma when I decided I want to get the small black leather Sabrina. At first I was on board with the brass, but I've since changed my mind and will be getting the silver. For some reason, I just like the look of it better IRL.

Definitely a personal choice though. If you're able to go to a boutique and see both, I highly suggest it. It might help make up your mind one way or the other.

Are most of the keyfobs silver or brass?

It's definitely a personal choice. I love it in the silver, I think it just all goes together. Black leather, silver hardware and the deep purple lining. What type of jewellery are you drawn to more, gold or silver?

I'm almost strictly an "all brass" gal myself.
To me, it looks richer than the silver, on most bags.
Personal preference.

Others love silver.

If you love both equally and want to use fobs/charms/accessories, get the silver since most of these items have silver hardware.

It's definitely a personal preference. I tend to wear only yellow gold and am therefore not really attracted to anything that is silver. I like how the silver looks with the black leather, but think the gold looks better. Again, it's just a matter of your own preference.

I agree w/everyone else that has posted... I think its your own personal preference... but if you like to put keyfobs on your bags, I would probably say go w/the silver hardware just because then it will match when you put keyfobs on your bag... GL deciding!:tup:

I like the brass, plus I wear more gold than silver so I guess that's why. Majority of the bags have brass hardware but then majority (or shall I say all put a few pieces) of the keyfobs and charms have silver hardware. :shrugs: I don't know what Coach is thinking when it comes to that. JMO!!!!

I went to see them at the boutique and I really loved the silver with the black. I just think it looks better than the brass. That is the one I am getting, hopefully soon. :smile:

But like others have said, its a personal preference. Good luck deciding.

gold, all the way! lol, it is a personal choice tho and the type of jewelry you wear most often should be considered. i have the black with gold and LOVE this bag. my other bags are getting jealous!

I agree w/everyone else that has posted... I think its your own personal preference... but if you like to put keyfobs on your bags, I would probably say go w/the silver hardware just because then it will match when you put keyfobs on your bag... GL deciding!:tup:

ITA!!

In general I prefer brass hardware, but I have to say in person I prefer nickel on the black Sabrina...and it works so well with most of their charms!!:tup:

Something to consider- The brass will tarnish, but the silver doesn't. I have had a couple of brass or "gold" items on the madison line develop tarnish spots, so the silver is worry-free as far as I know. I haven't had an issue with it.