What's a good foundation brush?

Go for a MAC 187 foundation brush, and you'll never look back. It's fairly pricey, around £28, but you may be able to get a deal on Ebay. Don't think I could/would apply foundation without this.

I have the MAC 187, the NYX copycat 187 and the Everyday Minerals flat top (which is different than the 187, but a lot of people compare them anyway). My 187 sheds like crazy, so I only use it for finishing powder. Honestly, I'm not that impressed with it. I like the NYX dupe better, because it's a little denser and sheds a lot less, but I still only use it for blush now. The best one of the 3 for foundation is the EM Flat Top, hands down. It's dense, super soft, and never sheds! :tup:

I think it really depends on what type of foundation you use: mineral, cream, liquid, etc.

Right now I'm using the Everyday Minerals Foundation Brush with liquid foundation. It works pretty well. It's super soft and doesn't leave my face with streak marks. But I'm going to purchase the EM Stippling Brush when it debuts at the end of this month. I've heard that stippling brushes are excellent with liquid foundation.

I think it really depends on what type of foundation you use: mineral, cream, liquid, etc.

Right now I'm using the Everyday Minerals Foundation Brush with liquid foundation. It works pretty well. It's super soft and doesn't leave my face with streak marks. But I'm going to purchase the EM Stippling Brush when it debuts at the end of this month. I've heard that stippling brushes are excellent with liquid foundation.

Yes, I use a stippling brush with my High Definition Make Up Forever liquid foundation. I had never used one until a MA at Sephora showed me.

I use my MAC 190 (for liquid foundation) very rarely, it simply sucks up too much foundation. I always use like thrice the usual amount if I apply with the brush so I use my fingers most of the time for liquid. If you want to apply a powder I recommend the MAC 182, is a kabuki type with very soft hair

I use the MAC 190 for my liquid foundation, but after reading this thread, I think I will try my 187 and see how I like it. I think I might also try a couple of the NYX brushes too. Any excuse to spend some money , right ? LOL

Prescriptives makes good brushes. I have their Foundation brush. If I ever replace it, it'll be with a MAC 190 though.

I use a MAC 109, 188, or 187 depending on my mood for liquid foundation. I've also used my EM flat top. It's great!

I use my MAC 187 basically everyday. If you get the 187, definitely look at tutorial videos on YouTube. Once you learn how to use it, you'll never go back.

As far as shedding goes, I really think it's hit or miss. Mine has probably shed 3 hairs since I got it, but then there's Claire who's sheds alot.