New Bags don't Match Dress :(

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
Dh and I are going away for a night this weekend while my mom stays with the kids. I've recently lost about 20 lb (still have about 20 to go), so I bought a new dress to show off my smaller size. It has a red, black and white pattern.

THEN dh brought me the Berry Carly... and I remembered that I have the Vintage Violet Clutch in magenta. So I bought a dress that won't go with the bags I want to carry! :sad:

Obviously, I will have to find a new dress... And only on tPF will no one find that odd! :roflmfao: Maybe I'll have to go with a basic LBD.

Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal. I never match clothes with my purses. As long as you love both, your clothes and your purse, it should be fine in my opinion. The carly in plum is gorgeous! I think she's a great get-a-way bag. Black and white usually go with plum, the red maybe not as much, but i wouldn't worry too much about it.

Obviously, I will have to find a new dress... And only on tPF will no one find that odd! Maybe I'll have to go with a basic LBD.

lol, its funny that you say that... because when I read the title, I thought "well, she needs a new dress... "

ha ha!

Maybe you can take the dress back.. or.. you may have a reason to get a new bag.. :P

Fortunately, the bag was more expensive than the dress, so I will just save the dress for another occasion. A person cannot go wrong with a LBD, right? Besides, attempting to match anything to purple is just impossible! I just knew no one except tPF members would "get it". Everyone else would say I have a million other bags, so I should just choose a black one instead! But I have TWO purple/purple-ish bags I need to use, and the bags come FIRST!

Fortunately, the bag was more expensive than the dress, so I will just save the dress for another occasion. A person cannot go wrong with a LBD, right? Besides, attempting to match anything to purple is just impossible! I just knew no one except tPF members would "get it". Everyone else would say I have a million other bags, so I should just choose a black one instead! But I have TWO purple/purple-ish bags I need to use, and the bags come FIRST!

Actually, I love black and purple -- my purple Bridgit is my dressy bag for a host of LBDs.

I found a really great black and purple dress on clearance at banana republic, I'm working on getting a purse to match it! I'm sure you can find something with purple if you really want it, but lbd's will match any purse you ever buy!

I agree - wear one of the bags and switch the dress! My husband recently told me he has a high school reunion coming up in April, and my first thoought was "Yay, I'll wear my Bridgit...oh, and a little black dress, too!"