The LV SC bag...is it worth $2580?

• No, go for something else

• Technically no, but I am buying one anyway

• Yes, save up and hope you can still find one

Results are only viewable after voting.

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I am so disappointed. I would really LOVE to get the Sofia Coppola bag when it comes out in March, but when I contacted LV to get a price they wrote me that the monogram version of the bag is going to be $2580!!! :wtf: I don't think there is any way I can save up that kind of money for a bag in two months, and I am sure it will sell out immediately. I know it's a limited edition and has a famous person's name on it, but this seems like a LOT for a monogram canvas bag. Does anyone else think this is a bit over the top? :crybaby:

^^
She's referring to the Sophia Coppola designed LV Mono bag. It's in the LV reference thread. It basically is the size of a Speedy 35 but sort of looks like a Keepall. It comes with a detachable strap and has a double zipper. The zipper comes down on either side of the bag, so the opening is big. There's a Mono version and a leather version, and a suede version. It's in the LV lookbook now but I think it's suppose to come out in May 2009 not March 2009. I just saw the lookbook over the weekend at LV.

It's a great bag but yes, it seems way overpriced. I would love to have it but I can't justify spending over $2,000 USD for a bag. Oh well!! (I think if it was $1,500 USD then I could handle that price but over $2K is just too much!)

Post 5 and 14 show the suede and Mono bag:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...sofia-coppola-bag-design-revealed-394110.html

Last edited:
Do you mean the one that looks like the small Keepall? Personally, I don't care for it and I think it's over-priced! Just because she design it doesn't mean it's worth double the price. I would go for something else.

I really like the bag, I hated the first picture, but's growing on me, it's like a small keepall/speedy/carryall with a strap and that's the bag I was looking for, but I cant afford it now or in a couple of months...
If you can afford it, go for it, if not, there are so many LV bags to choose from...
(At first I thought $2580 was for the calfskin version, but for canvas it's a bit too much)
I'm confused about this bag... I love it, and hate it...
lol

I really like the bag, I hated the first picture, but's growing on me, it's like a small keepall/speedy/carryall with a strap and that's the bag I was looking for, but I cant afford it now or in a couple of months...
If you can afford it, go for it, if not, there are so many LV bags to choose from...
(At first I thought $2580 was for the calfskin version, but for canvas it's a bit too much)
I'm confused about this bag... I love it, and hate it...
lol

I wish that was for the leather version! That one is another $2k!!! I don't think I will be able to afford it. :crybaby:

I wish that was for the leather version! That one is another $2k!!! I don't think I will be able to afford it. :crybaby:

Don't worry, you'll get over it... eventually! lol
I felt the same about the Richard Prince Pulp Weekender GM in yellow... I really wanted it, but I got 2 bags and a wallet instead...
(I still secretly want it hahaha)

It's a lot of money for canvas. I'd personally use the money and get me a Suhali Lockit PM or MM, a Nomade Speedy or Alma, Epi Bowling Montaigne GM or Chanel Jumbo flap in caviar leather.