Used vs. New first chanel?

crisn11

Nov 16, 2006
there is a gst for 1680 available gently used, purchased in 07 with all papers and receipt...should this be my first chanel or should I save and get my very own brand new?

i guess it depends if you are able to comfortably afford a new one.. if you feel that you would like a brand new one and won't be too hard to save then wait a bit and get it new because there's always that excitement of going to the chanel store!

Gently loved can be as good (if not better -when you consider $$$ saved).
Just make sure it is clean and a real Chanel...and enjoy, while pocketing the extra $$$. :smile:

Of course...nothing replacing the whole in store / boutique experience...but each buyer must decide for themselves if that experience is worth the extra $$$. And sometimes that experience can be fabulous or totally over-rated.

Good luck deciding.:tup:

I sometimes like preowned bags. I have a preloved Vivienne Westwood that I loved to deth but it was and old collection and impossible to get new. I think it depends on you. You can buy this but either new or old, so you have choice. In my case, whenever I can I prefere a new one, but if this bag is clean and you are sure it's real, I would say go for it

Gently loved can be as good (if not better -when you consider $$$ saved).
Just make sure it is clean and a real Chanel...and enjoy, while pocketing the extra $$$. :smile:

Of course...nothing replacing the whole in store / boutique experience...but each buyer must decide for themselves if that experience is worth the extra $$$. And sometimes that experience can be fabulous or totally over-rated.

Good luck deciding.:tup:

I agree 100%! It's like buying a brand new car. Sure you get that brand new car smell when you buy it new, but you lose thousands just driving it off the lot. Buying a used bag is a smart financial decision. Do your research - make sure the bag is real, clean, in good condition, and worth the asking price. If you want to authenticate it, post it in the Chanel authentification thread.

i say if it hasnt loose the structure i say is a keeper but for some reason i dont find link n link already on thread wont work, i dont think is bad even if its first chanel to buy it used n stuff, cuz somepeople includin me dont really use their chanels alot, so it wasnt probably that used as we think just cuz is not new.

conclusion : i would get the one on the website for cheaper if it havent loose the structure on the bottom aka sagging.