Rodeo Drive advice

Hi gals,
Wanted to get some advice from all the fashionistas in this forum. I really like the Rodeo Drive style. I can't seem to decide which size to look for. I've only seen the XL in real life and I'm tiny (short, 5ft) so it looked like I can sleep in it. I do like the way it can be worn in 2 different ways and the way it hangs when worn as a messenger bag. I've read that the L is much inferior to the XL and curious to people's thoughts. In addition, how is the quality of the perforated vs. black lambskin? Does the black scratch easily?

TIA.

Hi. I've seen some pics of petite ladies on this forum with the XL and it looks great on them. I understand your concerns because I'm 5'2" and I wouldn't wear the XL because it would just feel too big for me. I have not heard that the L is inferior to the XL - I think it's just a matter of personal taste. I think the black lambskin version looks much classier than the perforated one.

Thanks Foxy. I thought the Rodeo comes in lambskin as well, good to know that both the black perforated and black non-perforated are calfskin. I guess it's a matter of size and gold vs silver HW then...

i have the black perforated XL and i have to say i love this bag!! i'm also 5'2" and yes, the bag is huge but each time i wear it, the style grows on me more and more .. i also bought the XL rather than the L because of the versitility of being able to wear it messanger style, making it go with more casual outfits as well as dressy!!

I've read that the L is much inferior to the XL and curious to people's thoughts. In addition, how is the quality of the perforated vs. black lambskin? Does the black scratch easily?

TIA.

What do you mean the large is inferior to the x-large?

I have the small rodeo drive in black calfskin and have used it everyday and no scratches or quality issues whatsoever.

I'm not a fan of any of the perforated bags. I think you should get a large rode drive.:yes:

I also have the XL perforated Rodeo and love it!! I'm 5'3" and I don't feel that's it's too large at all. I do love large handbags though. I usually carry it across my body with the long strap which is very convenient especially when I'm shopping. I've received a lot of compliments on it and it's definitely one of my favorite bags. I also tried on the L size and didn't like it quite as much on me. Good luck with your decision!

Last edited:
I don't know about L being "inferior" to XL... coz i own one in perforated silver and i think it's great! I do like the XL in solid Black or white leather though.

have you seen the pics of lilstrawberry with her xl? i think it definitely looks big but not ridiculously big because she is 5'7". i am about your height and personally would not get the xl. as for being inferior, i don't know what that means -- it's a matter of personal taste.

Sorry for the confusion ladies. When I mean inferior, my friends that have tried both... liked the XL better than the L and one of their SA said that the demand for XL is generally higher than the L. For the price difference, I just concluded people somehow feel that XL is better than L? My collection consists of smaller bags, L or XL will be largest in my collection so I'm interest in hearing people's opinions on:
L vs XL
and
perforated vs non perforated

Just so that I can get some perspective since I haven't seen the XL IRL and perforated vs non... I haven't seen the non perforated in IRL either. TIA. :tup:

I might be partial b/c I LOVE big bags. I tried both and loved that the XL could be worn messagner and I liked how it drapes when carried regular. I have never been a fan of perforated bags, but this one is a little different. The background to the perforation is black also so it's not contrast perforation like the drills and color perf flaps that came out a couple of years ago if that makes sense. The perforated black also has a bit of a shimmer to it which I like. IMO the large size looks more like a purse and the XL a statement piece yet still super functional bag.

Question for the owners of the Large size rodeo bag, can you adjust the strap to wear it messenger style? I look at the 2 holes on each side of the strap and it looks like that one can remove the strap out of the gold knob; however, it is so tight that I don't want to try to pull it out before checking with the ladies. (The holes look like they have a vertical slit that run into the hole, which should help it expand ?)
thanks for the info

I might be partial b/c I LOVE big bags. I tried both and loved that the XL could be worn messagner and I liked how it drapes when carried regular. I have never been a fan of perforated bags, but this one is a little different. The background to the perforation is black also so it's not contrast perforation like the drills and color perf flaps that came out a couple of years ago if that makes sense. The perforated black also has a bit of a shimmer to it which I like. IMO the large size looks more like a purse and the XL a statement piece yet still super functional bag.

I feel the same way. I'm usually not a fan of perforated leather but I like how it drapes and how it folds over when I carry it messenger style. I also like the sheen of the leather and the silver hardware. There's a chicness to the xl size and perforated leather that I love.