How do you explain the "H" buckle?

mcmahan706

O.G.
Nov 5, 2006
Friday at work one of the teachers noticed by "H" belt buckle (hammered paladium?" and wanted to know why since my name did not begin with H. I changed the subject, but really, how do you answer the question? It was difficult enough trying to explain Tohu Bohu......:shrugs:They totally would not get that it was the first letter of the name of the company that made it.

Ha ha, I don't explain and if they really want one I tell friends it's a gift from my Mom or a Good Friend (:rolleyes:shhhh...ME!)

I sometime make things up like, it's from a "Happy Place". I call Hermes store, My happy PLACE!!

I also work at a school and have quite a few H items with H on it: Evelyne, H Buckle, Clic Clac. One teacher knew what the H was and yelled, "Oh my God, is that an Air-Mehz?" One day the school Counselor asked me what my H Buckle stood for and I told him, "Happy!"

^^^If I said it was "Air-mez" they still would have asked what the H was for and if I said Her-mees, they still would have no clue what I was talking about. Which is a good thing as my coworkers go online and find out how much my LV bags cost.

As others have mentioned, I usually just tell them it was a gift and I don't really know too much about how much it is / why its an H, etc, which is technically true, because it was a gift to myself and I never look at my cc statement for fear of passing out.

^^^If I said it was "Air-mez" they still would have asked what the H was for and if I said Her-mees, they still would have no clue what I was talking about. Which is a good thing as my coworkers go online and find out how much my LV bags cost.

OMGosh! Sometimes I do that but only because I am wanting to know for ME - in case I want to buy one myself...sounds like they're just being catty.

I find myself explaining "air-mez" all the time. I just get blank looks. LOL!

My last name starts with H so I never think twice about it. Hm, no one ever asked me about my Gucci belt that had a big silver G on it. I just think to myself, what's the big deal. Its a belt.