What if the belt is too long?

Oct 12, 2007
I have a gorgeous purple miu miu belt, which is so long that I barely have chance to use it. So do you think it's a good idea to punch some holes to make it work on smaller waist? Should I do it on my own or bring it to a prefessional? Thank you in advance!:heart:

I would see if a tailor or someone would be able to do that for you =) &&& b/c it might end up too long, what i would do is take one of those small clear hair ties to keep it in place. This maybe hard to understand: After to secure the belt, and the exess leather may sag, or not stay in place. Then, I would take a small clear hair tie, and put in on the belt, secure the belt with that =) lmk if you need me to explain it better =)

This always happens to me with belts! I punch extra holes in myself and I've never had a problem, but if your worried I'm sure a tailor or shoe repair guy could do it for you as mentioned above.

I do it myself. My husband is pretty handy and he has a leather punch, which is a small metal tool with a blunted tip that you strike with a mallet.

If the leather is soft, you could probably do the same thing with a nail set (AKA nail punch), which you can buy at a hardware store for a couple of bucks.