Did the reissue camera bag go on sale?

For some unknown reason the medium reissue tote (camera bag) went on sale at Bergdorf Goodman (see link below). They sold out at the sale price almost immediately.

Apparently the large one's were on sale too, but I don't know anyone who was able to score the large on sale (except for the resellers on eBay whom I see have them marked below retail).

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/chanel-camera-bag-on-sale-40-off-1549-a-400150.html

Thanks for the information Mon. As usual, I was a little too late:crybaby:

Don't despair! Let me tell you a piece of good news. The Surpique camera bag looks exactly the same as the 2.55 camera bag at 2/3 of the price. So perhaps you can watch out for that?

^ Hi Miffy, oouuu.... the Surpique camera cases sounds nice, do you prefer them to the vintage reissue tote from Fall? Approx how much are the S camera cases in USD?

I bought the grey reissue tote on sale for around $1600 and I don't know if I should return it for the Surpique camera cases. I'm afraid if I return it and don't like the S bags, I will have forfeited that super deal :shrugs:.

Do the S cam cases look the same quality as the reissue totes? TIA!

Don't despair! Let me tell you a piece of good news. The Surpique camera bag looks exactly the same as the 2.55 camera bag at 2/3 of the price. So perhaps you can watch out for that?

hmmm...that's interesting. Why is is so much cheaper? I'd love to see a pic. I'm seriously considering getting the large black camera case w/gold hardware, but if the suprique looks the same, maybe I'll wait.

^ Hi Miffy, oouuu.... the Surpique camera cases sounds nice, do you prefer them to the vintage reissue tote from Fall? Approx how much are the S camera cases in USD?

I bought the grey reissue tote on sale for around $1600 and I don't know if I should return it for the Surpique camera cases. I'm afraid if I return it and don't like the S bags, I will have forfeited that super deal :shrugs:.

Do the S cam cases look the same quality as the reissue totes? TIA!

Well "goingintodebt", if you manage to get the grey 2.55 camera bag for $1,600, then there's no point returning it because Surpique does not come in grey and although it's cheaper, it's not $1,600!!!!! The leather is also not distressed, it's vintage. I have no idea of the price in USD but in euro it's 1,830.

hmmm...that's interesting. Why is is so much cheaper? I'd love to see a pic. I'm seriously considering getting the large black camera case w/gold hardware, but if the suprique looks the same, maybe I'll wait.

I think it's cheaper because the lining is not leather - it's cloth. And perhaps the leather too? Surpqiue is vintage calf whereas the fall 2.55 is distressed lambskin/calf (???). How Chanel prices its goods is still a mystery to me. :shrugs: The Lady Braid flap is such a wonderful bag and it's SO cheap!!!!!