Will the Havana work as a diaper bag?

Well on the plus side it is very flexible and roomy, so you can pack a lot of stuff in there. On the downside it doesn't have very good organization, so you would be digging around in there a lot. I guess it depends on what you want your diaper bag to do. Grabbing something in there while it is still on your arm = very difficult. Fitting a lot of stuff in there while still looking stylish = very easy.

I guess it's up to you!

I've got to put in my 2 cents. Personally, I wouldn't use it or any VERY nice bag as a diaper bag. From experience, there is the occasion when a poopy diaper, alas, even wrapped in plastic, *has* to be carried around for a bit until it can be tossed. I just wouldn't think anyone would want that smell to linger....

Good Point Cindy..
IMO.. the bag just doesn't offer enough organization to be a diaper bag.. Without a purse organizer, all the baby's stuff will just pool to the bottom..

My baby is now 9 months and I can use it that way for errands where I can keep another larger bag in the carr--havana fits a ton and is still light weight, so I love that I can use it that way and not lug around a d bag all the time. However, I would never want to put bottles in it--like the bag too much.

i'll definitely say no. Not only does it not offer the right kind of organization, it's sort of the wrong shape to be a good diaper bag.

I think you really want to go with the lightest weight materials possible for a diaper bag, something like nylon that is washable and doesn't retain smells is the best type of material for this.

My best friend had a great diaper bag with convertible straps that attached it to her stroller--SO HANDY!

Yeah, I agree that it doesn't have the organization I would want for diaper bag. If my kids were still in diapers, I'd use the Corcovado as a diaper bag! It'd be fine for quick errands, but not for a longer day trip where you would want to pack food, drink, extra clothes, toys, diapers, etc.

I've got to put in my 2 cents. Personally, I wouldn't use it or any VERY nice bag as a diaper bag. From experience, there is the occasion when a poopy diaper, alas, even wrapped in plastic, *has* to be carried around for a bit until it can be tossed. I just wouldn't think anyone would want that smell to linger....

This was exactly what I was thinking, I totally agree!!!!!

^I said that because I did buy a bag once that had been used as a diaper bag and the smell did linger. Ugh! Believe me, when my boys were babies, I used the cheapie freebie diaper bag the hospital 'gave' me. It served its purpose well for as long as it was needed. Not to mention, they had those 'washable' changing pads included. Really, a nice bag shouldn't be used as a diaper bag, too iffy. I mean what if the plastic bag the poopy diaper is in springs a leak?

I've used my bags as diaper bags, but I must say that I've never carried around a dirty diaper. I'd throw it right after changing or, if that's not possible (and I can't think of a situation in which it wouldn't be, other than in the car maybe?) I'd either put it in the stroller basket till I reached a trash can or leave it tied up in the car. I definitely think it's possible to use nice bags as "diaper" (baby) bags. There are pouches that organize (unused) diapers and wipes, as well as changes of clothes, even zipped up sippy cup pouches etc. Lots of easy to use options. I hated using the freebies, and quickly discovered Skip Hops etc. Then on to NR diaper bags, then to other leather bags. :P Diaper bags led to my whole addiction! Anyway, just wanted to say that I don't think you should have to carry around ugly winnie the pooh type bags just because you have a baby (or two lol). :smile: Just probably shouldn't be putting dirty diapers in your bag! JMO. ;) And yes, I've used my Havana as a baby bag.

Last edited:
Skip Hops are great! I loved having the Duo Double in ocean stripe, just sold it when I sold my double stroller as it matched it perfectly (light blue Baby Jogger)...kinda sad to see my last "real" baby bag go, but it was time. I never used it anymore despite having two in diapers, always used a handbag/stroller storage for regular outings. The SH was a beast to carry. But it was great to have for zoo trips etc! Ah good times. :smile:

As Cho reminded me..I used an old army navy bag...back in the day there was nothing really amazing..ITA with both schools of thoughts.

If you really want to use the Havana, you can keep the scented diapers in a seperately in a ziplock outside and toss it..but what about all the other stuff you have to lug around including a change of clothes just in case the dreaded event happens??

But (no pun intended) if you want to use an HH as a diaper bag, why not one of the Pan Am (maybe too small?) or even better, the Maldives Weekender which are nylon, come in colors, and has pockets and a crossbody strap if you are carriageless and toting said infant/toddler (are they machine washable?)or even one of the Target bags.

If you are really jonesing for leather, the Corcovdo might work but the straps are a bit short unless you want to shoulder carry or put each strap over one handle of your carriage.

Stinky diapers are not the same as purse sachets even if double ziplocked and neither are baby wipes or open apple juice boxes, wet zweiback or teething biscuts, gummed cookes etc..and yes, they all find their way into diaper bags...and then some.

No Lorcas or carryalls (LOL..even if they are supposed to carryall).

Thank you for the opinions.

I have two nice diaper bags (Fleurville Lexie Tote and Not Rational Fab) so I don't *need* my Havana to be one. I will use it for its intended purpose. :biggrin: