Winter white?

robyn

Are we there yet?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2006
Help!

This is a serious question, I am old and do not get the concept of winter white:sad:

Other than wool coats, sweaters, etc.

What makes white pants, shoes, handbags OK to wear after Labor Day?

Help!

This is a serious question, I am old and do not get the concept of winter white:sad:

Other than wool coats, sweaters, etc.

What makes white pants, shoes, handbags OK to wear after Labor Day?
It's always okay if you think it is. :yes:

White after Labor Day

An old custom prohibits the wearing of white after Labor Day. The custom is rooted in nothing more than popular fashion etiquette.[1] In actuality, the etiquette originally stated that white shoes were the taboo while white or "winter white" clothes were acceptable.[2] This custom is fading from popularity as it continues to be questioned and challenged, particularly by leaders in the fashion world. "Fashion magazines are jumping on this growing trend, calling people who 'dare' to wear white after Labor Day innovative, creative, and bold. Slowly but surely, white is beginning to break free from its box, and is becoming acceptable to wear whenever one pleases. This etiquette is also compared to the Canadian fashion rule of not wearing green after Rememberance day. "[3]

I got that from Wiki.

^^ I suspect wearing white after Labor Day is going to be harder for me than either starting a business or appyling to graduate school, but that is my new goal!!!

I actually like to see some white during winter time. The white reminds me of snow and it really brightens up an otherwise dreary season. i'm sooo sick and tired of seeing brown, black, and dark purple. Ugh ...

I just got a winter white pea coat which is a huge step for me! In handbags I generally avoid it - I only have one and while I agree it's cheery especially in the winter, it just doesn't "anchor" my look, no matter what I'm wearing.