What Clothes Would Look Cool On Me?

Daniel_Kemp

Going After A Dream.
Jan 15, 2009
Hi.

I'm going shopping with my cousin tomorrow and she is going to help me find clothes that look cool on me. I don't want her to just tell me what to get, so I'm trying to get a bunch of ideas from people before I go shopping tomorrow.

Here is a picture of me wearing clothes that I would wear if I went outside -> http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_c8dada6ae95b4c9a8b0f235065028105.jpg

So what clothes do you think would look cool on me?

Thank you in advance.

Daniel Kemp

LOL! You're so funny! Um...I would start with more stylish jeans. Ones that fit better (maybe a little tighter, not skin tight though) with some designs on the pockets. The designs don't have to be crazy, something simple is good enough. Then I would go for more fitted shirts that don't have outdated prints. No offense but your style reminds me of Kurt Cobain's grunge scene, and that's so 10 years ago. Then again, for some reason you pull it off in a weird way. But on with your new look. So the shirts could have a cool screen print. I would first go get a guy's fashion magazine (maybe from Borders or Barnes & Noble) and flip through it. You'll get more ideas that way instead of walking around and wasting time not knowing what you're really looking for. You're going to need a good pair of sneakers that will match your new clothes as well. I personally like Diesel for clothing. I'm a chick, but I like a lot of the stuff in the guy's department and wish they made it for us too. True Religion jeans are good, and Ed Hardy has some nice prints on his shirts. Think of Pharrell Williams, his style is sick! But remember, those places are suggestions. You may not want to spend so much money on clothing, especially when you're getting a feel for your new look. So you might want to hit up Urban Outfitters. A good pair of sneakers is what you should first invest your money in, because that's what people are going to look at the most and will help seal the deal on your outfit. Then come a good pair of jeans, followed by shirts. Try more T-shirts than button downs. I can't stress a fashion magazine enough. You not only get ideas, but they even tell you the price of each item and where you could find it. Saves a lot of time and trouble. Also, it doesn't help much that I'm from NY. I don't know if the stores I mentioned exist where you live. But good luck and let us know how it goes! :yes:

^^ All great suggestions from Demi, especially about the jeans. Men's clothes are trending toward a more fitted/tailored look, which will be great for your frame. Try some more tailored polo tops from brands like Penguin or Lacoste in variety off colors and patterns. Every guy needs a good zippered sweatshirt/sweater (hooded or not) that also fits closer to the body and not baggy. If you want an alternative to sneakers, I'd go shop at Geox for some comfortable yet stylish style shoes.

Good luck and make sure to post what you come home with!

I must be honest, at first I thought this was a joke and I'm still not sure it isn't. The clothes you got look good, and the gold thong made me laugh. Shop for your style not anyone else's. If you don't have a lot of money try Guess, The Buckle, Express. I know a lot of my guy friends shop there and they often have sales. Goodluck!

You are funny! But I love what you got. Just make sure the clothes fit properly and it reflects your style. Don't follow everything from GQ magazines. BTW, your boots are very realistic for Canadian weather.

Ok, a good rule of thumb:

When in doubt, always just go with:

BenToga.jpg

:P

Seriously though, I kinda like what you bought. Very stylish in a hipster sort of way. If you are that kind of a guy, its definitely a go!

I must be honest, at first I thought this was a joke and I'm still not sure it isn't. The clothes you got look good, and the gold thong made me laugh. Shop for your style not anyone else's. If you don't have a lot of money try Guess, The Buckle, Express. I know a lot of my guy friends shop there and they often have sales. Goodluck!

LOL I wasn't sure, either, what this was all about but I made some suggestions in your other thread. Urban Outfitters as someone mentioned above has indefinitely cool styles for you to choose from and look like more of your thing.