Need stam advice...

Mar 21, 2007
I need to make a decision fairly quickly. I have the opportunity to get a new black stam with white trim. Has anyone seen this IRL? I can't seem to find any pictures in the forum. I already have a black small cecilia and a dark grey mix quilted bowler (which really looks black). Do I need another black bag? I have a baby stam, but no regular stams. I just can't decide if I love it or not.

ETA: Do you think the white trim looks out of place on the bag? Also, it has a resin chain.

^I love the black Daydream stam. The trim and stone-like resin chain really give it an unexpected modern accent. I don't know if anyone here has one in this color combo, but there should be a pic in one of the threads about the fall stams. . .le me see if I can find it. . .

i believe it's in this thread. i can't see pictures at work, so i can't be positive. but i remember kimair taking a spy pic and you could see parts of it in there.

http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/too-many-stams-so-little-time-and-money-325504.html

on the black, the frame is ivory and so is the chain. here's what it looks like in the orchid.

c382129_60356_01.jpg

Thanks everyone! I was just staring at that picture. lol. I think I am falling in love with everything but the chain. But the leather looks tdf! I really wish I could get it in another color, though, only because I already have a couple of black bags.

Thanks everyone! I was just staring at that picture. lol. I think I am falling in love with everything but the chain. But the leather looks tdf! I really wish I could get it in another color, though, only because I already have a couple of black bags.

What about taking the chain off? I've been wearing my grey stam w/ out the chain lately, feels like a totally different bag....just a thought!

i saw that bag at NM a few months ago. i really liked it, i love that daydream leather! love the shimmer to it and the leather lining :drool: does the one you are thinking about have the leather lining?

ok, I took the plunge and pre-saled it from NM. It was the only MJ bag they had in the store. So it is something like 30% off, then another 50% off that next week for a steal of a price at around $418. I've been wanting to jump on the stam train, but with something a little more classic. But the more I look at that leather the more I couldn't resist. I totally forgot to ask my SA if it was lined in leather. Hopefully I will fall in love with the chain, but if not I'll just wear it without. I just hope it is not too similar to my small black Cecilia, which I LOVE.

Sounds like you got a killer deal!! Even though you have other black bags, they all sound very different. You'll find certain bags go better with certain outfits/occasions and the new Daydream Stam is TDF! Maybe the chain will grow on you, or just carry it around w/o the chain (I've actually not been using the chains on my stams for a while now). Cant wait to see pics of the bag when she's finally in your hands!!