San Francisco Report - Neimans & Barneys

melovepurse

super bag hag
O.G.
Jul 17, 2007
I went to Union Square today and got some spy pics at Neiman Marcus and Barney's. Quite slow at Neimans, therefore difficult to get very close to the bags due to being stalked by an SA. Lots of selection in Framboise, Mandarine and what I think is Blue Layette?? They have 4 wallets and they did have the "weaved" First & City.

Barneys had a bigger selection, many dark bags all hanging up, so hard to identify the style. Of note was an Amethyste Pom Pom which was very pretty, a lovely GSH Mandarin Day and 2 large black Croc bags in a display. They had one Sapphire Mini Compagnon wallet with GSH. Call the store for more info!! I didnt get many shots at Barney's, lots of people in store this AM.

Also went to LV to see the Roses and Pop colors. I liked the rose Neverfull but not so much the green, blue, orange, pink. Didnt buy anything today!!

Attachments

• neiman_bbags.jpg
    neiman_bbags.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 339
  • neiman_bbag_selection.jpg
    neiman_bbag_selection.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 278
  • vuitton_sprouse.jpg
    vuitton_sprouse.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 279
  • barnrys_table.jpg
    barnrys_table.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 342
  • barney_rack.jpg
    barney_rack.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
I LOVE the Mandarine color!!!!! I saw two at BNY/Chestnut Hill, but HATED the leather on both of them. The leather was so dry and cracked (similar to what I found with the Bouton d'Or); are the rest of you seeing the same thing?

RERE - ts not just you, maybe its the way they display the bags...also these colors are not very exciting IMO, except for Mandarine. Barney's displays are always 100% more interesting. There were 2 glass cases at Barney's that I did not get to photograph. They have a much wider selection, displayed so you can see it all quite well (except for the hanging rack o'bags that looks a bit rough for bbags)

BTW, the Barneys Mandarine Day had nice looking leather, as did all their Mandarine bags.

BTW, the Barneys Mandarine Day had nice looking leather, as did all their Mandarine bags.

Okay ... so, now I'm thinking it's like the Fruit & Vegetable thing here in New England ... where we seem to get all the crappy stuff; all the good Fruits & Veggies are west of the Mississippi! :P I've missed out on so many colors (Bouton d'Or, Vert d'Eau, etc.) because the leather was HORRIBLE!!!

RERE - ts not just you, maybe its the way they display the bags...also these colors are not very exciting IMO, except for Mandarine. Barney's displays are always 100% more interesting. There were 2 glass cases at Barney's that I did not get to photograph. They have a much wider selection, displayed so you can see it all quite well (except for the hanging rack o'bags that looks a bit rough for bbags)

Thanks melove. I always feel unwhelmed when someone posts a spy pic of SF because they always look so boring. :confused1:

But then there is Barney's who hangs their bags like they own them. Probably why I never buy from them. The handles are always stretched out!