A few questions regarding classic Chanel pieces

dolly18

Jan 7, 2009
Hi All..

OK, I'm a newbie to Chanel and after looking around, I've managed to get together some questions. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:!

1) Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar : $2,650 as of Today in the USA. Is that correct?

2) Was the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced in Grey? If so, does anyone have any pics to share? I had no luck in the ref library.

3) The price as of Today in the USA on a Classic Mini Flap in Caviar?

4) Are the Camera bags available (or if they were ever) in Black Caviar? If so, any pictures would be appreciated as well as a price as of Today in the USA or when they were last released. I have $2,450 but would like to make sure that's correct.

5) Are the Camera bags different sizes?

5) The price as of Today in the USA on a Medallion Tote in Caviar?

6) Was an Ivory Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced? If so, does anyone have any pics to share? I had no luck in the ref library. I could only find white.

7) What colors are always available in the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar and the Medallion Tote in Caviar?

8) Was the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced in Purple? If so, any pictures to share? I could only find it in lambskin.

9) What does "cruise" mean? I'm guessing it's just the term used for Spring or Summer? But, does it change the bag? For example, I saw someone posted a "cruise jumbo flap".

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! I apprecaite all answers :smile:.

Yeah, jumbo caviar is still $2650. I think minis are around $1800-1900 these days.

As for camera bags, the ones we are talking about lately here are made of calfskin or patent or lamb. I don't think there was a caviar camera bag released...

Camera bags come in various sizes and the price would depend on size and material. As an example though, the medium calfskin one from fall collection is $2750 and large one (still from fall) is $2995.

Black, white, and beige are the available all year around for classic bags, which would include classic flaps and medallion. But this doesn't necessarily mean you'd find exact bag you want everywhere. Availability and stock orders are different for each retailers.

There are three collections for each year, which are spring, fall, and cruise. Cruise collections are released between fall and spring collections.

Yeah, jumbo caviar is still $2650. I think minis are around $1800-1900 these days.

As for camera bags, the ones we are talking about lately here are made of calfskin or patent or lamb. I don't think there was a caviar camera bag released...

Camera bags come in various sizes and the price would depend on size and material. As an example though, the medium calfskin one from fall collection is $2750 and large one (still from fall) is $2995.

Black, white, and beige are the available all year around for classic bags, which would include classic flaps and medallion. But this doesn't necessarily mean you'd find exact bag you want everywhere. Availability and stock orders are different for each retailers.

There are three collections for each year, which are spring, fall, and cruise. Cruise collections are released between fall and spring collections.

Thanks for answering all the basics! :yahoo: Hopefully someone can get my other little questions hehe :smile:.

I just was just quoted a price of $2850 for a caviar jumbo:sad:.

And the term cruise is interchangeable with resort, which, as NanamiRyu says, is the time between fall/winter and spring/summer -- as most designers do.

I remember reading somewhere that Chanel actually changes its stock every six weeks, so the seasonal collections are not released all at once, but sprinkled throughout the year to keep interest up.

--Judy

1) Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar : $2,650 as of Today in the USA. Is that correct? Last time I checked, yes this is correct.

2) Was the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced in Grey? If so, does anyone have any pics to share? I had no luck in the ref library. I think in maybe in 2006 there was a grey caviar classic flap. Otherwise I can only recall lambskin classic bags in grey recently.

3) The price as of Today in the USA on a Classic Mini Flap in Caviar? Sorry, don't know.

4) Are the Camera bags available (or if they were ever) in Black Caviar? If so, any pictures would be appreciated as well as a price as of Today in the USA or when they were last released. I have $2,450 but would like to make sure that's correct. In general the term "camera bag" is used by Chanel to describe bowler type bags. I know that we have been using that term a lot recently to refer to the Fall 2008 reissue totes. So in your question above I'm going to assume you are referring to these same Fall08 reissue totes, in which case the answer is no they are not availble in caviar.

5) Are the Camera bags different sizes? For Fall08 the reissue totes were available in two sizes - small/medium $2,750 and large $2,995

5) The price as of Today in the USA on a Medallion Tote in Caviar? Sorry, don't know.

6) Was an Ivory Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced? If so, does anyone have any pics to share? I had no luck in the ref library. I could only find white. Yes, in 2005. I used to own one, I believe Luccibag still has this bag. She might have pictures somewhere. I might be able to find pictures in my photobucket - I'll have a look.

7) What colors are always available in the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar and the Medallion Tote in Caviar? In my experience: black and white.

8) Was the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced in Purple? If so, any pictures to share? I could only find it in lambskin. Yes, in 2006 for sure but I think in 2005 as well, and probably earlier years too.

9) What does "cruise" mean? I'm guessing it's just the term used for Spring or Summer? But, does it change the bag? For example, I saw someone posted a "cruise jumbo flap". Cruise is the collection between Fall and Spring/Summer.

I just was just quoted a price of $2850 for a caviar jumbo:sad:.

And the term cruise is interchangeable with resort, which, as NanamiRyu says, is the time between fall/winter and spring/summer -- as most designers do.

I remember reading somewhere that Chanel actually changes its stock every six weeks, so the seasonal collections are not released all at once, but sprinkled throughout the year to keep interest up.

--Judy

Oh No! From who?! Meh, by the time I'm able to buy a Chanel it's going to be $4,000 LOL!

6) Was an Ivory Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced? If so, does anyone have any pics to share? I had no luck in the ref library. I could only find white.

I apologize for the overexposed picture. It's the only one I had in my photobucket of the ivory/cream caviar jumbo.

Chanel2.jpg

ModelingChanel.jpg

ChanelModeling.jpg

1) Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar : $2,650 as of Today in the USA. Is that correct? Last time I checked, yes this is correct.

2) Was the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced in Grey? If so, does anyone have any pics to share? I had no luck in the ref library. I think in maybe in 2006 there was a grey caviar classic flap. Otherwise I can only recall lambskin classic bags in grey recently.

3) The price as of Today in the USA on a Classic Mini Flap in Caviar? Sorry, don't know.

4) Are the Camera bags available (or if they were ever) in Black Caviar? If so, any pictures would be appreciated as well as a price as of Today in the USA or when they were last released. I have $2,450 but would like to make sure that's correct. In general the term "camera bag" is used by Chanel to describe bowler type bags. I know that we have been using that term a lot recently to refer to the Fall 2008 reissue totes. So in your question above I'm going to assume you are referring to these same Fall08 reissue totes, in which case the answer is no they are not availble in caviar.

5) Are the Camera bags different sizes? For Fall08 the reissue totes were available in two sizes - small/medium $2,750 and large $2,995

5) The price as of Today in the USA on a Medallion Tote in Caviar? Sorry, don't know.

6) Was an Ivory Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced? If so, does anyone have any pics to share? I had no luck in the ref library. I could only find white. Yes, in 2005. I used to own one, I believe Luccibag still has this bag. She might have pictures somewhere. I might be able to find pictures in my photobucket - I'll have a look.

7) What colors are always available in the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar and the Medallion Tote in Caviar? In my experience: black and white.

8) Was the Jumbo Classic Flap in Caviar ever produced in Purple? If so, any pictures to share? I could only find it in lambskin. Yes, in 2006 for sure but I think in 2005 as well, and probably earlier years too.

9) What does "cruise" mean? I'm guessing it's just the term used for Spring or Summer? But, does it change the bag? For example, I saw someone posted a "cruise jumbo flap". Cruise is the collection between Fall and Spring/Summer.

Thank you! Now I just need pics of that Ivory and Purple. MMM!! :graucho: