Food Subway footlongs

jcriley5

Feb 3, 2007
For some reason it always seems like I can eat a whole Subway footlong sandwich if I have it for dinner (usually my biggest meal). Is this the case for you guys or no? I always feel like such a pig because it looks so big. I get the turkey on the oat bread with cheese, lettuce, onion, jalepanos, green peppers, and honey mustard so I know it is not that bad for me, but I know the portion size should just be a 6 inch. But I am always starving after I eat a 6 inch??

I am embarassed to say I a. like subway b. can eat a foot long. I have mine with just cheese and the veggies (because I don't really like deli meat) and oil and vinegar. Doesn't matter seems like the bread is pretty airy and I don't feel bad about it.
I don't think we should be thinking about a foot or not a foot...if I'm still hungry I'm going to keep eating! I notice when I try to ration myself off and make myself feel bad I only compensate by eating something worse to make up for it.

thank god i'm not the only one. i always get a 6" for lunch and seriously i still feel starving afterwards. i can only feel full after a foot-long. i try to justify it by getting a turkey on wheat :P. althought i have to admit i've definitely had a foot-long pastrami or meatball before.

I love Subway and I used to eat an entire footlong before I started eating healthier/being more conscious of what I ate. I only get the 6 inch now, usually turkey and ham, with spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and extra olives, and light mayo on a wheat roll. I'd say it's a good amount of food, enough to the point where I feel satisfied, but I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm full afterwards. I usually get a bag of those baked chips to go with it to make me feel fuller.

i can eat a footlong if i don't eat anything else with it... or if i do eat some chips with it i feel REALLY full... BUT... after eating a 6 inch with chips... i also feel like i'm still hungry... so then i start to eat the other half...

i am so addicted to their veggie sandwhich right now! mm.... cheese... lettuce.tomatoes...onions...black olives... s/p... vinegar.. and ranch.. delicious!

i really wish we had a subway across from my work place!

yeah I guess theres not a whole lot in a subway sandwich. Im not a big fan of their deli meat otherwise I would get double meat on a 6 inch and maybe that would fill me up more. I like it mainly for that oat bread and I love their honey mustard. yum

i can eat either, it just depends on what you put in front of me!! i actually prefer eating the whole thing since it will get soggy otherwise since i put vinegar on it. i get spicy italian with all the veggies on it, black pepper, and vinegar. yum.

I can totally eat a footlong, but I always get the veggie delite, so I don't feel too guilty about it.

That's exactly what I get which is basically cheese and veggies...BUT if you order something similar (but with way more cheese) at Blimpie it's called the Veggie Surpeme...it has 1106 calories in the 12 inch! I don't eat at blimpie but saw this in a thing online and just checked!