Collecting Trends

cllover

Aug 4, 2008
So I'm on my fourth pair of loubies and I've just noticed that all four are closed-toe, closed-heel pumps, 100mm and above. Decolletes, Declics, New Simples, and Pigalles - AND I'm hankering for some ronrons now. I've always known that I'm not a fan of snake/croc skin, and I love patent and suede, but it finally occurred to me that I must not like showing my toes or heels! :nogood: Although, my big exception is Lady Gres - which I think are so gorgeous.

What are your collecting trends (conscious or subconscious)? Or do you like everything?

I dont have a trend. Just buy what i like!! I dont really want more than 1 or 2 of the same style .. only exceptions being VP's and Catwomans.

I recently bought patent teal Ron Ron's which i love so i recommend Ron Ron's!!

^I know! I tried on lilac suede ronrons at Costa Mesa and am so in love!

You can probably tell from the closed-toe, closed-heel thing, I'm just wee bit neurotic :rolleyes: - so my friends think LOL

No slingbacks for me at all. They just don't work.

I notice that my 85mm shoes are both colors that didn't come in the 100mm+ and that's probably why I bought them. I don't wear them though so maybe I will have to do an SO w/ those colors.

I think I like the VP/NP/Yoyo style the best. I have 16 pair of those (VP and NP being the most popular style). Its just sad that its hardly ever sunny where I live.

I think the sexiest shoes on the planet are d'Orsays. However, I like slingback and slides the best. Slides because they never give me a blister and I can kick them off quick. Same for slingbacks. I tend to love peep-toes for some silly reason. The main thing for me is variety----I have a no duplicate look rule and I rarely break it.

i buy whatever i like so i've got a bit of everything.. but i'm particularly careful/picky when it comes to peep toes/open toes because i have pretty long toes and i don't want that thing happening where you see toes hanging off the edges of the shoes.. so yucky!!

sdesaye- i agree with the no duplicate rule.. if i'm gonna spend that much on a pair of shoes, i better not have something similar in the closet! i even hesitated when i was buying my patent black decollettes because i have patent black pigalles, but i needed (ok, WANTED) a pair of COMFY patent black CLs, so i went for it.. otherwise, i try to get as many different colours/styles in as possible