*Authenticate This Chanel!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Please post authenticity questions related to Chanel in this thread. This thread is a continuation of the previous Authentication thread that has been closed for posting.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF CLASSIC FLAP BAGS

1) front, back, and side/bottom views of bag

2) CHANEL stamp and MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp (note: in vintage bags, the MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp is directly across the CHANEL stamp on the opposite side). A focused close up photo is required.

3) back side of the CC turnknob showing the 2 screws and CHANEL/PARIS engraving.
A focused close up photo is required.

4) engraving on the interior zipper head and hanging ornament, if applicable.

5) engraving on snap button

6) stitched CC logo, if applicable

7) hologram sticker.

8) number side of authenticity card, if still available

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF REISSUE FLAP BAGS AND THOSE WITH MADEMOISELLE LOCKS

2) CHANEL stamp and MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp. A focused close up photo is required.

3) back side of the mademoiselle lock showing the 2 screws.

4) engraving on the interior zipper head.

5) engraving on snap button.

6) stitched CC logo

7)
hologram sticker. A focused close up photo is required.

8) number side of authenticity, if still available

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF OTHER CLASSIC BAGS/TOTES OTHER THAN CLASSIC FLAPS

2) CHANEL stamp and MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp (note: in vintage bags, the MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp is directly across the CHANEL stamp on the opposite side). A focused close up photo is required.

3) back side of the CC turnknob showing the 2 screws and CHANEL/PARIS engraving, if applicable.

4) engraving on the interior zipper head and hanging ornament, if applicable.

5) engraving on snap button, if applicable

6)
hologram sticker. A focused close up photo is required.

7) number side of authenticity card, if still available

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF ALL OTHER STYLES

3) engraving on the interior zipper head and hanging ornament, if applicable. If there is a zipper pull, we need photo of the CHANEL engraving on one side and CC engraving on the other side. A focused close up photo is required.

5) back side of the zipper head showing the engraving (LAMPO or CHANEL PARIS).

6) engraving on snap button, if applicable

7) hologram sticker. A focused close up photo is required.

8) tassel or hanging medallion

9) number side of authenticity card, if still available

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF WALLETS

1) front and back views of wallet

2) CHANEL stamp and MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp. Note: MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY stamp is hidden. A focused close up photo is required.

3) engraving on the interior pull, if applicable. Need the CHANEL engraving on one side and CC engraving on the other side. A focused close up photo is required.

5) engraving on snap button

6) hologram sticker.

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF SUNGLASSES/GLASSES

1) front and side views of glasses

2) marking on both interior arms. A focused close up photo is required.

3) CHANEL etching on lens.

4) number etched on lens, if applicable. A focused close up photo is required.

5) paperwork, if available

6) glasses holder, if available

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF JEWELRY

1) front and back views of jewelry

2) oval etching or oval plate showing the markings (CHANEL, MADE IN FRANCE/ITALY, year/season).

3) Chanel box with label, if applicable

4) black tag with label *showing the style number, year/season, etc), if applicable

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF BELTS

1) front and back side of belt

2) markings on back side of belt (if leather) showing the CHANEL/MADE IN FRANCE or ITALY stamp and EURO size

3) oval etching or oval stamp, if applicable, showing the CHANEL, MADE IN FRANCE or ITALY, year and season markings.

PHOTOS NEEDED TO DETERMINE AUTHENTICITY OF SHOES

1) front of shoes

2) marking on the inner sole showing the CHANEL, MADE IN ITALY and CC logo.se side). A focused close up photo is required.

3) botton sole showing the CC logo, MADE IN ITALY and EURO size markings. A focused close up photo is required.

4) any relevant details

They're all from the same seller and the details are too blurry to see.

#1 - Ask the seller for a clear and close up picture of the hologram sticker showing the serial number and details clearly, clear picture of the CHANEL/MADE IN stamp, engraving on the zipper pull, back side of the CC closure, and full bottom view of the bag.

#2 - Same as above and the engraving on the zipper head and engraving on the snap closure.

#3 - Again a clear and close up picture of the hololgram sticker to see the details and numbers clearly, CHANEL/MADE IN stamp, engraving on the zipper pull, and engraving on the back side of the zipper head.

I have a questions regarding the lambskin classic flaps.

I was in class today, and saw a girl with a lambskin classic flap. I was going to compliment her on it, but upon further "inspection" something just didn't seem right. The size seemed off (I couldn't tell if it was a jumbo or a medium/large), and it had that seam around the edges of the flap (like the caviar leather ones do). This just didn't seem right to me. If you know what I'm talking about, are you able to come to any conclusions?

I have a questions regarding the lambskin classic flaps.

I was in class today, and saw a girl with a lambskin classic flap. I was going to compliment her on it, but upon further "inspection" something just didn't seem right. The size seemed off (I couldn't tell if it was a jumbo or a medium/large), and it had that seam around the edges of the flap (like the caviar leather ones do). This just didn't seem right to me. If you know what I'm talking about, are you able to come to any conclusions?

Chanel had made a few lambskin collections in the past with this seam.

Status
Not open for further replies.