Official Or Not?

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
Just wondering when is an engagement actually considered official? Is it when you have received an actual ring? Or is it when the parents know? What if there is no rings and the parents don't know yet? Does that count?:confused1:

i say as soon as he asks and you say yes. i personally wouldn't feel engaged without a ring though and probably wouldn't tell very many people until i got one.

I don't think it's official until there's a ring or a "will you marry me?" where a wedding will be forthcoming in the next year or so.

I know a lot of people do the promise ring or consider themselves "pre-engaged" but to me it's a black or white thing. Either you're engaged or your not.

Ummm ... okay, what if the person says, "Let's get engaged." and then you said, "Ok." Does that still count?

Eh, nothing to tell ... yet. Haha. I do have a Promise Ring, but that was at the 1st Year Anniversary and it's been almost 3 years since that. Also, we don't wear the Promise Ring unless we're physically with each other ...

To me there has to be a ring of some sort. Most of my friends are with guys who they plan on marrying one day (myself included) but just because he's said "will you marry me?" and I've said "yes" and we plan to eventually get married doesn't make us engaged (in my opinion).

For me and my friends we agree there's got to be a ring