Bolide Dilemma

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
I'm having a little doubt about my choices at the moment. As you know, I love the Bolide and I would love to have a fuchsia ostrich Bolide 31cm to use as an everyday bag - maybe even for work since nobody would know Bolide anyway (they probably will think it's a LV knockoff). However, one of my SAs said that I should try for ostrich in a Kelly, HAC, or Birkin and use regular leather for an ordinary bag like Bolide.

I know there's a fuchsia Bolide in regular leather coming next year, I'm not sure if I should stick with my guns and go for fuchsia ostrich still. What do you think?

One thing I'm certain is that I will not ever consider getting Bolide in crocs ... IMHO, the squarish shape of the scale doesn't quite go with the curve of the Bolide ...

I would go for a regular leather in the bolide fushisa togo would be fab but not sure they do that leather in pink save your money for the big guns ie kelly birkin in ostrich........;)

28 sellier fuschia ostrich kelly! 28 fuschia ostrich kelly!

Focus, Kou, FOCUS!!

;)

Seriously, I think for that kind of money, you should go with what you love MORE. JMHO.

Sorry I was vague before. I am planning on getting the kelly and the Birkin on top of the Bolide. But my issue here is that I don't know whether I should get the Bolide in exotics or if I should just get it in regular leather. If I do exotics (any for that matter), I don't know when it'll happen since I'm not having luck getting stuff; I know for sure that a regular leather Bolide in fuchsia is comign in the future and it can be mine if I put my name on it now. So I think it's matter of getting something for sure next year, or the waiting game

But I like Bolide in ostrich, I don't know if I'll regret it if I get it in regular leather. I guess I'll be settling if I get regular leather since i wanted ostrich, right?

Totally ,dont settle for any thing less than what you want you will only be come to despise what you bought and have guilt...not what you want for any hermes bags !!!! what leather is the pink bolide coming in ?cherve.....?:confused1:

Totally ,dont settle for any thing less than what you want you will only be come to despise what you bought and have guilt...not what you want for any hermes bags !!!! what leather is the pink bolide coming in ?cherve.....?:confused1:

It would've been Rose Shocking in Chevre, but I'm pretty sure I want fuchsia ostrich...

Kou, if you have your heart set on a fuchsia ostrich Bolide, Kelly and Birkin, you should stick to your guns. Wouldn't you feel like you were "settling" for a Bolide that was not exotic? H shouldn't be a compromise!!

kou, you have been going on about the fuscia ostrich bolide and imo i think you should stick to it! i know you will regret if you get the bolide in another leather, personally i would rather have a fuscia ostrich bolide than a fuschia ostrich kelly (dont flame me!) .... YES! i think the croc bolide is weird too, especially the one on ebay, (vert anis? i think) ..idk just my opinion

Sorry I was vague before. I am planning on getting the kelly and the Birkin on top of the Bolide. But my issue here is that I don't know whether I should get the Bolide in exotics or if I should just get it in regular leather. If I do exotics (any for that matter), I don't know when it'll happen since I'm not having luck getting stuff; I know for sure that a regular leather Bolide in fuchsia is comign in the future and it can be mine if I put my name on it now. So I think it's matter of getting something for sure next year, or the waiting game

But I like Bolide in ostrich, I don't know if I'll regret it if I get it in regular leather. I guess I'll be settling if I get regular leather since i wanted ostrich, right?

Go for the ostrich. It sounds like that is what you really want. And I think a fuschia ostrich bolide would be gorgeous!

lmao at you saying earlier that someone might think it is a knockoff LV.

...But I like Bolide in ostrich, I don't know if I'll regret it if I get it in regular leather. I guess I'll be settling if I get regular leather since i wanted ostrich, right?

Don't settle! It's not worth it to be looking at the bag for the next 10 years & not using it as much as you should 'cos you didn't hold out for the exact right bolide for you! I absolutely disagree with your SA. I think the "plainer" bags such as bolide & plume are WAY more gorgeous in ostrich than plain leathers. It gives them WOW factor! A kelly or birkin doesn't need that as much, IMHO. I'm not a fan of the bolide per se but I :heart: it in ostrich - bleu roi or fuschia or something bright. I definitely think you should stick to your guns on this one. It'll be wirth it. :yes:

Ok, ostrich Bolide it is ... now how do I convince my SA to get one for me? If I have a fuchsia ostrich Bolide, it WILL be the only H bag that I will use ALL the time, even when I travel oversea:yes:

Ok, ostrich Bolide it is ... now how do I convince my SA to get one for me? If I have a fuchsia ostrich Bolide, it WILL be the only H bag that I will use ALL the time, even when I travel oversea:yes:

:sweatdrop: I was worried that you would change your mind! I adore the Bolide in ostrich. I'm planning to live vicariously through you until I can afford one. :sneaky: