Duty | Tax | Customs for International shopping {VAT refund}

ivivi

Dec 3, 2008
hi everyone:

I am new in TPF, I have been saving for my first chanel for a while,
so now it is the time for me to get one but the price in CANADA is tooooooo hign, since British Pound is going down, I am thinking to buy one classic flap from UK,
I live in CANADA, I would like to know if anyone have ever order from UK and how the duty and tax will be.

thanks
happy new year

Reactions: ThisLilyPetal
I am in USA and I also want to order a classic flap from UK but I don't how to make international order. I tried to search for an answer but still have no clue. :confused1: Anyone in USA order from UK before? Also, anyone know what is the current price for a jumbo flap in UK now? :smile:

Sorry, I got so many questions because I am still a Chanel newbie. :P

Umm, I'm no expert, but bringing anything in from outside Canada, customs would convert ur purchase amount @ the day's exchange rate and get a Canadian $ value. Than use that to add on duties and customs. U're looking @ 25%-30% +. So really, I can't see u saving too much.
But if you do, be sure to let us know! I'd love to add a Jumbo Caviar to my collection too!! GL!!!

Umm, I'm no expert, but bringing anything in from outside Canada, customs would convert ur purchase amount @ the day's exchange rate and get a Canadian $ value. Than use that to add on duties and customs. U're looking @ 25%-30% +. So really, I can't see u saving too much.

ITA! I'm not sure about purses, but I know shoes and clothes are GST+PST, then they add additional custom charges for anything that's not made in Canada, US or Mexico. If I remember it correctly, it's about 15% additional. In the end, you are paying about 30% more, which is really not a deal anymore.

one more thing, the SA marked down the value of the bag half on the postage. my bag was $1100pounds after VAT deduction n she just put $600 instead.
That will work for you... you'll save something I'm sure.

Please let us know the Canadian price compared to what you eventfully pay... we're all curious! :yes:

That will work for you... you'll save something I'm sure.

Please let us know the Canadian price compared to what you eventfully pay... we're all curious! :yes:

Sorry, i didn't mention that i ordered from hongkong. but i think the SA can do the same thing when declaring the value of the bag if u order fr canada.

hi im from Singapore but my hubby is gg to London for Biz trip and i tot of asking him to get me a chanel bag. i read that quite a # of users have purchase from UK and it may be cheaper as sterling pound drop. may i know or anybody can share with me a black timeless classic small chanel bag would cost? SG is selling at $4400 for the lambskin and $4401 for the cavair type material. i like those black lambskin with gold chain classic timless design.

any idea how much? and waht is the VAT in UK for tourist?

I just did order from the UK and they deducted the complete VAT. Regarding customs duty, that depends how much Canada charges for incoming goods.

hello La vangurdia. did u order online or from the shop in UK? do u have any idea how much a timeless classic small chanel bag would cost in london? and what the Vat? i tot of getting one in UK when my hubby was over there. and he being a man have absolutely no idea if it gg to be cheaper to get in UK or back at Sg.

thakns you so much in advance.