100 Days to live!!!

sekmeht

Jul 13, 2006
One of my closets firends has just been told that she has 3 months to live. She has a brain tumor? I am speechless and its been a strange afternoon for me. I keep thinking if I was given the same news what would I do....what would I say? Now having PCOS is somewhat insignificant.....

what would you do if you were told you only have 3 months to live? What would you want to do in those 3 months. Thats all I have been thinking all afternoon. I am consumed with thoughts and plans....and then all of a sudden I am in tears....:crybaby: :crybaby:

I am so sorry this is happening to your friend ... it sure puts things into perspectives doesn't it? I am sorry about your PCOS - since I've been trying to get pregnant for so long I know what PCOS is. I hope you have it under control and it won't be a big problem for you.

Anyway, if I was told the same thing you friend was told ... I'd sell everything I could and travel with DH and my family around the world.

Again I am sorry about the news ... you and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry this is happening to your friend ... it sure puts things into perspectives doesn't it? I am sorry about your PCOS - since I've been trying to get pregnant for so long I know what PCOS is. I hope you have it under control and it won't be a big problem for you.

Anyway, if I was told the same thing you friend was told ... I'd sell everything I could and travel with DH and my family around the world.

Again I am sorry about the news ... you and your friend are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Travelbug. I read your post regarding difficulties in trying to conceive and I was too emotional to respond....I know what you are going through.....you are also in my thoughts....sending some hugs and babydust your way.....:heart: :heart:

Doctors are not always right about these things. My father had a glioblastoma (brain cancer) and he lived 22 months. Not long enough, but not the three months they gave him initially.

I will add your friend to my prayers.

spend time with my family , make amends , go to confession ( i'm catholic) , make peace w/ God , those kinds of things . I honestly would want to know if I was going to die , I think it's a blessing of sorts , rather than to be ripped away from everyone w/ no warning .

I am so sorry about your friend , please make sure she gets several opinions .

I will pray for your close friend. I would travel the world with my family, and I would make everyday count. On a brighter view, I have heard many stories about how someone is told they have x amount of time to live, and they end up significantly succeeding that prognosis, and it could be the case with your friend.

Thanks everybody for your kind words. I totally agree with you. Friends and Family is what counts most now and everyday. My firend has got several opinions and unfortunately they are all the same. She has now resolved to leave it in Gods hands and enjoy every moment / day she has. She is only 32 years old...........:sad:

Thanks everybody for your kind words. I totally agree with you. Friends and Family is what counts most now and everyday. My firend has got several opinions and unfortunately they are all the same. She has now resolved to leave it in Gods hands and enjoy every moment / day she has. She is only 32 years old...........:sad:

This makes me so sad. I will pray for your friend. Does she have any children?

I would definately travel and spend as much time with my family as possible!

She has a little son who was born last August. He just turned 1. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.:flowers:

Oh wow- my son was born last August 29. The day Katrina hit.

It just breaks my heart about your friend! Is it cancer or just a tumor? Surely it may be possible that she could live for years with it? I have heard of people living with tumors before? I hope! UGH

This is so terrible.... I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

To be totally honest, I can't say what I would really do if I was given that diagnosis. Probably I'd spend a lot of time with my SO and family and try to travel to all the places I've wanted to see.

I'm so sorry to hear that- I would have the same feelings as you do. I would spend a lot of time with my family, but just beacuse I always have to look at the superficial side of things (and assuming I don't need to leave provisions for my family) I'd sell everthing I own, travel the world in style (first class, 5-star presidential suites, 5-digit shopping sprees) and end my travels in Paris, staying at the Ritz and spend my final days on leisurely walks, self-reflection, and relaxation.

Doctors are not always right about these things. My father had a glioblastoma (brain cancer) and he lived 22 months. Not long enough, but not the three months they gave him initially.

Even when our family asked the doctors, they did'nt give us an estimate when my Dad he had lung cancer.

Nowadays (atleast in Australia anyway), most doctors are relunctant to estimate how long because they are often wrong. I think they would only tell if it was almost certain for it to be in the short term.

My Dad lived for two years after diagnosis. There had been two occasions where we thought he was going to die within a week.

In retrospect, he was lucky because most patients only live 12 months.

Anyway, if I had three months to live, I would travel around the world for one and a half months, rent a luxury beach house for the rest of the time and invite all my friends and family.