leave plastic on?

baby&melovelv

i.am.sweet.melissa
Aug 20, 2006
i bought a mono speedy 25, but i don't plan on using it for a while. (so why did i buy it now? i don't know. i have shopping issues.) so- do i store it w/the plastic on? take it off? spray the leather? stuff it? leave it folded? HELP! btw- i love the bag!

I would take the plastic off, (im the biggest baby with my designer stuff so with you on this) but the plastic is not intended to be on the bags for long periods and im not sure about it but doesnt it dry out the leather? thats why your not supossed to put the bags in vacume seal bags for tooo long? but its not like nayone will get to it inside its dustbag inside your closet? but leave the plastic on the zipper pulls etc.

I would take the plastic off....I had a mini speedy that I left with the plastic on in the dustbag and in the LV box....and the rest of the leather started to patina, but the leather under the plastic was lighter than the rest of it...so it looked uneven. Keep in mind that I had it stored for a long time! I bought a couple when I thought the MC was going to be discontinued.

I would take the plastic off....I had a mini speedy that I left with the plastic on in the dustbag and in the LV box....and the rest of the leather started to patina, but the leather under the plastic was lighter than the rest of it...so it looked uneven. Keep in mind that I had it stored for a long time! I bought a couple when I thought the MC was going to be discontinued.

this is true.My manhattan handles are slightly uneven with the rest of the bag when i left the plastic on for a while.when i noticed it,I immediately took it off.