Getting in and out of the Alma

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
Hey all,

OK, thanks to all your helpful suggestions, I think the Damier Alma is my next conquest. Before I go try one on, could anyone clarify how the zippers work? I'm assuming it's one big ol' zipper fest along the entire length of the bag, correct? Is it easier to keep both zipper pulls at the center, or just have them both closed on one side at the end (or does that look weird)?

Sorry if I'm rambling, just excited with an itchy online shopping finger :wlae: :upsidedown:

My Mom always kept the zippers at dead center- it doesn't add much work, the zippers move very fluidly. oh, and you want a Damy- gorgeous! You should get it! :devil:

^^ Agreed, Yeux, I've heard the mixed reviews on the Alma shape...I do love the Epi as well. But given my $1k budget I think the damier Alma is next...for now :graucho: .

Thank you! :flowers:

:nuts: A very wonderful choice...I have one in Damier....

Its a very yummy looking bag...and I keep the zippers all the way to one side so that I can get into the bag while having the bag hang on my wrist...so with the other hand I can move the zipper and slide my hand in..without putting it down to open the bag up...did that make sense? Sorry if its confusing....:shrugs:

It helps ALOT to get the strap just incase you need to sling it on your body for when you need to carry groceries or shopping bags.

Post pics when you can!!!!:yes:

Pursegrrl - my bf sister has a Black Epi Alma and everytime she carries it, I notice she zips it up to the middle - like what everyone else has mentioned or she just leaves it open - but the zips are NOT zipped all the way down... I hope you have lots of FUN with your choice of LV!!! :wlae:

sorry to hijack ur thread pursegrrl, i've got a qn about almas - considering the damier and the epi alma:

does the damier one tend to sort of flatten on the top part near the zip? i saw the epi one, it seems to fluff up and keep its shape nicely cos of the harder epi material?

sorry to hijack ur thread pursegrrl, i've got a qn about almas - considering the damier and the epi alma:

does the damier one tend to sort of flatten on the top part near the zip? i saw the epi one, it seems to fluff up and keep its shape nicely cos of the harder epi material?
I have the shoulder strap (which I love) - but I have also noticed a flattening on the top of the bag when the zipper is closed - Is that from the bag having too much stuff in it or just the design flaw of the bag????

Attachments

• shrink alma1.jpg
    shrink alma1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 51
  • shrink alma 2.jpg
    shrink alma 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 53
I like the zipper in the middle too, but must admit not one of my favorite bags. I got the MC when it came out, since the only styles were speedy and alma. I hardly used it so I gave it to my mom...6 months later she gave it back, she didn't use it either...lol