fake Croc on eBay, not Hermes

Hi, the seller however, is known for selling authentic goods. Could it be that Kieselstein isn't using authentic exotic hides (I am not familiar with the manufacturer, have only heard of them). I would hate to see a 'good' seller being discredited over this.

Hi, the seller however, is known for selling authentic goods. Could it be that Kieselstein isn't using authentic exotic hides (I am not familiar with the manufacturer, have only heard of them). I would hate to see a 'good' seller being discredited over this.
Kieselstein was hot 8- 10 years ago. He made genuine croc bags, very expensive. They were knocked off. This is knock off, IMHO. I have emailed Portero.
The point of my post is that you can loupe any croc that is suspect and look for the little pores.

Thanks golconda. :flowers: I just hope this thread doesn't get you in trouble with the mods.
I certainly hope not also, as my whole point is that you can use a loupe or strong magnifying glass to look at leather and croc and see what I am talking about. I did email Portero. I greatly respect their auctions and would like to save them some trouble.

I don't trust sellers with a high amount of Hermes items everytime. Obviously Hermes don't do wholesales unless for trusted websites. So its always better to double check before buying anything from Ebay

Golconda, Thanks, Fascinating, this sent me running to check out all my vintage croc bags! (All OK, luckily). I am pretty good at distinguishing real from fake croc but I never knew about this test until now. Well done!