Making room for more BE's...!?

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
It's the end of 2008...closet cleaning time. What's gotta go from your closet to make room for more BE's? lol :thinking:

I will say good by to Mulberry XXXX and an LV XXXX My black crash TME will go to a friend, as I bespoke a TME Black Glossy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not that keen to answer this. Last time I posted about bags that I might get rid of on tpf, I was publicly reprimanded for soliciting buyers and had my post deleted.

I've said good-bye to many fine items this year:

3 grysons
1 tano
2 coach wallets
1 balenciaga wallet

I do have another I'm ready to let go, but as it's currently up for sale, I don't want to discuss here.

I have a couple others i'm considering parting with, but will save that discussion for after they're sold!

Oh my, I"ve let many bags go this year.

Everything from SM's to LMM's to Nikki's and a Louis Vuitton. I"m a huge believer in selling the ones you don't absolutely love and enjoy often. I don't have as many handbags as you might think because of my philosophy. Whenever I buy one, I try to sell one first. That strategy seems to work for me!!! I"ve definetely made room now for all my personal favorites. I"ve found that it takes a lot of trial and error with me. I like to "see" and "try" my bags for a few weeks before I reach a conclusive decision.

I"m quite happy with my current collection!:tup:

I am not that keen to answer this. Last time I posted about bags that I might get rid of on tpf, I was publicly reprimanded for soliciting buyers and had my post deleted.

Jenova is right. It is against the rules to talk about specific names of bags you are thinking of selling. Megs and Vlad really feel strongly about this, so the mods have no choice but to handle the situation. I suppose if we keep it in general terms like saying you are getting rid of some Mulberry bags, then that would be fine. Also, you can talk about what you have already sold.

Am I bad? I love all my bags....:sweatdrop:...I can't envision letting go of one of my current collection as of now, but I will have 2 BEs within the next few months. When I purge, I tend to do quite a few at once...last purge had a few Hayden Harnetts, a couple of Coaches, and a Not Rational bag...

If general discussion is OK - I will probably be disposing of a couple of BE that I purchased rather flippantly to make room for a Mulberry or Balenciaga in a colour that I particularly want.

Last edited:
Well, I've pretty much purged my closet of all the bags I don't use in order to fund my BE purchases.

I've gotten rid of a lot of excess RM bags - a dark grey matinee, a cloud grey Nikki (which my dark grey LM replaced), a tangerine, and sea green and an ocean MAM.

I also sold a couple of Balenciagas - a rouge theatre day bag and a chocolate day bag. I still have a few day bags, and while I loved the bags I did sell I have to admit I am a little tired of the style and so I got rid of the colors I didn't use as much.

I don't know what I'm going to do this spring to raise money, since I love all my bags, and I know there are a few spring RM styles I want and a few BE bags that, if they happen to pop up on ebay, I will have to pounce on. Maybe I'll have to set up a cookie and lemonade stand on the corner of my street.

Since I've fallen in love with BE, I've purged quite a bit to make room for more BE's - several RM's went and the Bal's that didn't work went and one more will probably go - I love it, but it's not being used. I've really slowed down on Coach and mainly buy accessories or at the outlets where the deals have been beyond amazing. Also, I'm down to one HH as well and just sold several less popular brands at a consignment shop. I did get one Ignes laptop bag and have an ostrich bag on order there. I also have an RM on pre-order that I may cancel in favor of another BE!!

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to stir controversy.

No contoversy. We're all friends here. Speaking of that - do you ever check your personal email? There has been something rather controversial waiting for you since yesterday.:graucho:

As for bags... I can't possibly sell another bag. I love every single one that I have. So, I'll have to sneak things into the house from this point forward.:ninja:

No contoversy. We're all friends here. Speaking of that - do you ever check your personal email? There has been something rather controversial waiting for you since yesterday.:graucho:

As for bags... I can't possibly sell another bag. I love every single one that I have. So, I'll have to sneak things into the house from this point forward.:ninja:

Your a GREAT Mod Suzi. I love your approach. I've found that some people let the authority go straight to their heads and I don't like "how" they talk to others.

Your just :tup:

Suzi, I echo you being an awesome mod! Thank you!

I've let go of an RM and a BE already, and am planning to do a few more once I take inventory of my closet and my mom's closet. I've got a ton of stuff so it needs to be edited a bit.