I think I bought a fake spy...

pyrexia

rosed.
O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
but I'm not entirely sure. :wtf::confused1::sad:

So I need help from those who own a spy... is the hologram logo a sticker, or is it sewn onto the tag attached inside the bag? On my bag, the hologram is a sticker than can be pulled off (if I tried hard enough - it's very sticky). I've checked some of the authentic bags on Ebay for pictures of the hologram, but none of the pictures are conclusive. :shrugs:

Can anyone help me? I'll post pictures of it later cos I don't have my camera at the moment.

Here's a pic of the hologram (forgive the bad nails - I'm in despite need of a manicure! :P)

The first picture shows how it looks like from a distance.. pretty ok.
But when you touch it... (2nd picture), you can see the hologram is nothing but a sticker and I'm lifting it up.

Attachments

• CIMG1239.JPG
    CIMG1239.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 199
  • CIMG1240.JPG
    CIMG1240.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 193
More pictures of the bag... I'm beginning to think it's a total fake, after looking more closely at the dustbag. The bag itself looks fine (but I'm not a spy expert so I can't really tell about the leather)

However.. there's a funny smell coming from it. A little leather-y smell.. but not the kind that makes you wanna take an extra whiff.

Your verdict, ladies? :sad:

Attachments

• CIMG1235.JPG
    CIMG1235.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 268
  • CIMG1237.JPG
    CIMG1237.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 207
  • CIMG1242.JPG
    CIMG1242.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 204
  • CIMG1248.JPG
    CIMG1248.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 169
the hologram shouldn't come off coz its like superglued to the tag (in a very neat way). the codes 4 digits-6 digits-3 digits-3 digits (im not sure if that goes for every bag though). it should smell a little leathery but not overpowering, and the feel of the leather should be like butter. very soft and nice. i hope this helps.

Pyrexia,your are correct, this bag is appears to be a fake. The texture of leather on the bag is wrong & the braided handle are wrong (they don't seem to have edges), the internal metal tag isn't right (it's not neatly stiched or flushed), the internal serial numbers aren't Fendi font and are not deep enough. Also, in my experience, real Fendi bags don't have Fendi hang tags, ever. Can you get a refund? If you paid by Paypal and it's under the limited amount, they can help. If you don't have access to real Fendi bags, study them on Neiman Marcus.com (enlarge the photos). Once you look at enough real ones, you know instantly. Hope this helps.

I just looked closer at your pictures, and the sides of the spy bag should fold in. It should be more clumsy, not so stiff. But the sides fold in on authentic spy bags. Sorry! You should try to get a refund.

Pyrexia,your are correct, this bag is appears to be a fake. The texture of leather on the bag is wrong & the braided handle are wrong (they don't seem to have edges), the internal metal tag isn't right (it's not neatly stiched or flushed), the internal serial numbers aren't Fendi font and are not deep enough. Also, in my experience, real Fendi bags don't have Fendi hang tags, ever. Can you get a refund? If you paid by Paypal and it's under the limited amount, they can help. If you don't have access to real Fendi bags, study them on Neiman Marcus.com (enlarge the photos). Once you look at enough real ones, you know instantly. Hope this helps.

Do you mean the "thorn-like" things on the handles? If so, they are there on the bag. The photos don't show them closely cos I didn't think to focus on that.

What are handtags? That yellow one attached to the bag?

Thanks for the help! :P

pyrexia, sorry to say this but it's a fake fake fake. EVERY SINGLE THING on that bag is soo wrong, plus Fendi NEVER have a yellow tag hanging on their bags :yes: Hope you can get your refund immediately.