Arts & Crafts Crochet - The Happy Hookers Thread

merika

Wol
O.G.
Nov 1, 2006
I love crochet, but I rarely have the time for any projects. I'd love to see what other people like to crochet, and maybe share patterns and tips. I recently finished one project - this is incomplete, I hadn't added the tassels yet when the picture was taken.

Attachments

• shawl3.JPG
    shawl3.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 894
attachment.php

Wow, that's gorgeous!
My grandmother taught me to crochet a few years ago, before her strokes/death she used to love making afghans as holiday gifts. I pretty much stick to scarves but I love crocheting because I can actually complete a project in a reasonable amount of time, whereas with knitting it took me forever and I got impatient, lol.

I can't crochet to save my life, but my mom is amazing. She just gave me a blanket she finished for a friend of mine that is having a baby, so I thought I'd post.

DSCF0243.jpg

And here is a partial shot of a blanket I found that she did for me for my reading room b/c the couch is white and I have a black dog and cat. You can see from the photo why I needed something to cover the couch...The room is painted turquoise!

DSCF0239.jpg

Here are the scarves/shawls that I have been making for Christmas gifts. I have three more to go and then I am done. These were supposed to be gifts, but they ended up being mine instead.

Attachments

• IMG_2473a.jpg
    IMG_2473a.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 576
  • IMG_2475a.jpg
    IMG_2475a.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_2476a.jpg
    IMG_2476a.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_2477a.jpg
    IMG_2477a.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_2479a.jpg
    IMG_2479a.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 593
I can't crochet to save my life, but my mom is amazing. She just gave me a blanket she finished for a friend of mine that is having a baby, so I thought I'd post.

DSCF0243.jpg

And here is a partial shot of a blanket I found that she did for me for my reading room b/c the couch is white and I have a black dog and cat. You can see from the photo why I needed something to cover the couch...The room is painted turquoise!

DSCF0239.jpg

You are right, your mom is amazingly talented! Those are beautiful!!! Cute doggy too!

I don't know any fancy crochet stitches, but I would like to learn. I made an afghan for my grandmother this past summer. It is her Christmas gift! I made one for my great-grandmother many years ago, and my grandmother admired it so much that I decided it was time to make one for her.

P1000478.jpg