Fake Stam horror!

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
I did a quickly search for MJ Stams on eBay just to see what the action was like. I sorted the list to show the highest first - and saw something completely horrifying!

At the very top, currently at nearly $1800, was a FAKE "blue" Stam - at least I am 95% positive that it's fake. If you look at the pictures closely, you can see that the hangtag on it says "black calf leather". There are several bids on this particular Stam so whoever wins this, will have won an extremely expensive fake.

Is there something we can do? Can someone else take a look at the auction to make sure that my thoughts about it being fake are correct? I'd hate to accuse someone only to be wrong.

Looks very suspect. The white string tells me it is fake. I don't know a thing about stams though. The bidding is strange. Two zero feedback bidders and the bidding jumped from $400 to almost $1,800. Just very strange in my opinion. Can not believe the price for that bag!

That bag looks exactly like the Stams on Canal Street for $40! I thought all of the bags sold on auction sites were fake. I mean, I've seen sellers post pictures of legit bags on some of these sites. But, some sellers have photos of the real bags and send out crappy fakes. That seems to happen a lot on iOffer. I can sit for hours reading the feedback. I find it amusing.

I was looking at Coach bags on eBay this past January. I came across a bag that I believed to be an obvious fake, but was being auctioned as authentic. I reported the counterfeit bag to eBay. I also sent the seller an email stating their bag was fake. Their response is below.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]About This Member[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]armywifepacker( 7)[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Positive Feedback:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]100%[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Member Since:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dec-21-05[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Location:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]CA, United States[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Registered On:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]www.ebay.com[/FONT]"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]as for my coach purses I got them all at macy's, with receipts I suggest you research before opening your big mouth. You dont know me, and therefore, dont pass judgement, I'm an honest seller and pride myself on it. ALL my items are authentic. HAVE a great day. Jackass!"[/FONT]

Why did I report the seller you may ask? Because it gives us honest sellers of authentic handbags a bad rap. If I was proven to be wrong and the handbag was authentic, I'd genuinely apologize for my error. However, after my email was sent to eBay the Coach bag was pulled from auction and armywifepacker is "no longer a registered user" on eBay.

I was looking at Coach bags on eBay this past January. I came across a bag that I believed to be an obvious fake, but was being auctioned as authentic. I reported the counterfeit bag to eBay. I also sent the seller an email stating their bag was fake. Their response is below.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]About This Member[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]armywifepacker( 7)[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Positive Feedback:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]100%[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Member Since:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dec-21-05[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Location:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]CA, United States[/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Registered On:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]www.ebay.com[/FONT]"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]as for my coach purses I got them all at macy's, with receipts I suggest you research before opening your big mouth. You dont know me, and therefore, dont pass judgement, I'm an honest seller and pride myself on it. ALL my items are authentic. HAVE a great day. Jackass!"[/FONT]

Why did I report the seller you may ask? Because it gives us honest sellers of authentic handbags a bad rap. If I was proven to be wrong and the handbag was authentic, I'd genuinely apologize for my error. However, after my email was sent to eBay the Coach bag was pulled from auction and armywifepacker is "no longer a registered user" on eBay.

LOL, I've done that too. I've called sellers out on obvious fakes. I can't tell you how it pisses me of when bags are listed as authentic and customers are scammed out of hundreds of dollars for a bag that isn't worth a cent more than $40. :cursing:

:wlae: Ive done it too! I have absolutely NO PROBLEM emailing a seller stating that the bag is fake..I don't bash I just state the obvious reasons for it being fake....I've never received a "hate" response though...YET!!!
:heart: Emmy

Wow, that is a really ugly fake!!! :yucky: and I can't believe someone would buy it for that price. Maybe if the bid was shilled, the winner could be herself since nobody wanted to bid higher than that. Well, just watch out for that seller.

Fakes are supposedly against Ebay's rules, and if you do report them you might see the auction disappear.

I used to take time to go through fake Louis once upon a time and it gave me great satisfaction to see the bad auctions disappearing.