what leather is this?

Aug 22, 2006

its got the impressed stamp rather than the print -- but it looks too textured for barenia and too shiny for chamonix. are there other leathers with impressed stamps?

and yes, i just bought it. :shame: my name is DQ and i have a serious hermes addiction. but i really NEEDED this one!

its got the impressed stamp rather than the print -- but it looks too textured for barenia and too shiny for chamonix. are there other leathers with impressed stamps?

and yes, i just bought it. :shame: my name is DQ and i have a serious hermes addiction. but i really NEEDED this one!

Such a cute bag!! Congratulations!

I can't get a clear close-up of the leather, but veau grain lisse can have a natural stamp as well. Ask the seller about the datestamp as VGL is a discontinued leather and if this is new, we have to consider other leathers.

thanks ladies. :flowers: it's not new, so VGL is a distinct possibility.

it should be arriving (from france!) next week so i'll have more information soon. it actually is a practical piece, as i've been looking for a dump-everything-in-and-don't-worry-about-it kind of sack for horse shows.

DQ - that is a great bag for horseshows - I love use em and abuse em bags. We need to get Lolo one.
Too right, Liz .. although I know Dressage Queen will look after her bag! (These dressage gals are so neat and tidy, which is how I realised very snappily dressage was not for me). That bag really does look the thing though - stylish but carefree.
I am off to the Uk via Switzerland on 4th of next month where I will be picking up a whole bunch of horsey H scarves that are there waiting for me - not to mention THE WHIP (courtesy of la Shopmom, who found it and then did the whole schlepp of packaging it and finding an appropriate shipper! What a star!) so I shall not be feeling too sorry for myself. I will also be able to pop in at the Hermes at Zurich airport where maybe I will find something delicious AND within my paltry budget!

DQ, I just got to thinking, it could also be Ardennes. We'll really need a good closeup to tell for sure.

cross my heart, i'll figure out how to use the digital camera so when it arrives i can post close-up pix.

i'm really looking forward to getting this -- it looks almost huggable. or, "squooshy" to a turn of phrase from the inimitable shopmom!

market bag, eh -- guess that means i get to shop when i carry it . . . .

thanks all :heart: :flowers:

OMG! I actually bought this same bag in a Consignment store once..:yes: Mine was mushy too: and it was "Gulliver" leather which is a discontinued leath. :crybaby: But yours seems to have like grains to it.. right? I think it's just a well patina'ed Taurillion. If I ever get a digi cam.. I'll shoot a ppic of my oldest Taurillion and it's really mushy, shiny, and different form all my new taurillion. Regardless CONGRATS!:yahoo: it's a super practical bag!