Have I missed the boat on the Balenciaga City Bag??

Gingerstar

O.G.
Aug 15, 2006
I have admired this bag for sometime and now after reading through the forum, I want one but don't want to be late to the party....and yeah, yeah, I know you should buy what you love regardless of what trends are dictating.... I just don't want to plunk down the $$$ and then come across my bf's 14 year old niece sporting one.

I have admired this bag for sometime and now after reading through the forum, I want one but don't want to be late to the party....and yeah, yeah, I know you should buy what you love regardless of what trends are dictating.... I just don't want to plunk down the $$$ and then come across my bf's 14 year old niece sporting one.

I think these bags will be popular for a long time for one reason... they are great bags. I don't think they are really trendy like the Paddington or the LV multi. I have several LV's and I love the Balenciaga bags because they are so light and the leather is so beauitful AND they are so practical for daily use.
My LV's get so heavy after I load them up with all of my *stuff*. The City bag is not nearly as heavy. Plus the colors are so pretty and so varied.
Bottom line.... popular or not, I love the comfort and the design of the bag. I don't have one complaint on these bags. My favorite is the City. I also like the twiggy a lot. The Twiggy sort of reminds me of my Prada Tobacco Pushlock which is one of my favorite bags.

I don't think they're too trendy; I mean, you don't see a hundred of them on a daily basis like LV and other high end bags. They're rare enough that they're not going to get old for a long time!

I wouldn't worry about it. I've been lusting after Bbags for a couple of years now, and only just got my first Work! :love:

You def should go out and get yaself one, especially since you've been admiring it for a while :yes:

I am not sure where you live, but you are far more likely to find your bf's 14 year old neice with an LV/ Prada/ Gucci than a Balenciaga! At least, that is *definitely* the case where I live. I work in a *very* affluent city, and the mall located therein, which sells Balenciaga, Chloe, LV, Prada, Chanel. I have only seen 2 Balenciagas. Ever. With LV, I wouldn't be able to skip a stone and *not* hit someone carrying an LV. First of all, 14 year olds want the recognition from a brand, which Balenciaga does not deliver, you have to know what you are looking at, it's not covered with logos. Second, the smaller LV's are more obtainable. I remember being quite shocked to see a young girl, really no more than 12 or so, with a small Gucci purse. Probably a mother's cast off, but still! 12 in Gucci? : )

Balenciaga has an understated cool that I don't think will ever go away : )

Get a City, you will understand the hype and love it to death : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

There will ALWAYS be fakes of every designer around so don't sweat it! Buy what you LOVE and to he** with everyone else! :jammin: