Are brown bags as practical as black???

Gingerstar

O.G.
Aug 15, 2006
Black used to be my go to color....and still is to a degree. Right now I could really use a black every day bag. However, in the past year or so, I have really gotten into brown. I recently bought a bottega brown hobo. Now I am considering a brown muse. I have been looking everywhere for a medium black muse, but it is the brown that I am drawn to....since I can't find the medium in black, should I give in and get another brown bag???? Thanks.

I got my best friend the medium brown muse for her birthday and she loves it. She wears a lot of black and the brown offsets her black clothes beautifully. The brown muse is particularly stunning, however, if you prefer the medium black one, pm me, and I will help you track one down....

Attachments

• mymuse.jpg
    mymuse.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 96
I definitely think brown is very practical. I know a lot of people don't like black and brown colors together, but I find that a deep brown handbag looks really nice against black clothing. I actually have a harder time wearing black bags with non-black clothing.

I definitely think brown is very practical. I know a lot of people don't like black and brown colors together, but I find that a deep brown handbag looks really nice against black clothing. I actually have a harder time wearing black bags with non-black clothing.

Brown is definitely MORE practical than black.

Most of my bags are usually black. I don't know if it is too picky, but sometimes if I carry a brown bag I usually like my shoes(if they're brown) to be similar in color tone. Thus, the dilemma sometimes. . . Although, I think dark brown with black together can be quite chic.

Both brown and black are very practical. IMO, the darker the brown the more practical it is.

I wear my LV mono with black clothing and it looks great. And I've also gotten away with a dark chocolate brown blouse, dark denim jeans, but a black belt, black high heels and a black bag.

If I'm wearing mostly black I wouldn't carry a brown bag, but if I had mostly brown I might, outfit depending, be able to carry a black bag but would aim for brown.

Hope that helps! :flowers:

I only have one black bag. A Botkier Bianca. I a not a black type person. I don't wear black clothes so the majority of my bags are shades of browns. Everyone needs at least one black bag but for the Brown is the new black.
I have 3 white or light colored long haired cats and that one stray hair will find it's way onto black clothing as if it has radar.

^I agree black and brown always go with any outfit. That being said, I do need to buy a black bag since the last 5 bags I've bought have all been brown. If you have too many brown bags then buy a black one for variety ... but I do love the muse in that chocolatey brown.

I wear brown bags with everything. I actually like brown better with black than black with black......too blah for me! I guess it depends on the outfit, but I carry my mono LV with black all the time. I think it looks very chic.

I was b-l-a-c-k all through my 30's. When I hit 40, I turned to brown - it seemed less aggressive and richer (to my mind). Now, getting closer to 50, I'm thinking black again! I do confess I've learned how to mix the two - nothing like a bag in light-tan or nude against a black and ivory outfit!

I think it all depends on what you've already done (and already tired of) ... both black and brown are, obviously, classics. ;)