Looking for a toy from the 90's, can't remember the name...

chanelissy

turn it upppp
O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
This is a bit of an odd request, but I remember in the late 90's, a toy/craft where you would recieve "dirty gems", which you would put in a funny looking container, add a "solution", shake them, and then you'd end up with some shiny plastic jewels? A friend of mine remebers this from when she and I were younger, and always wanted to see if it was still availible....does anyone have any idea what Iim talking about? :confused1: :s

I've never heard of that, but there's such a thing as rock tumblers. You get little rocks, put them in a tumbler, keep adding solution, and you end up with shiny, colored stones.

I've never heard of that, but there's such a thing as rock tumblers. You get little rocks, put them in a tumbler, keep adding solution, and you end up with shiny, colored stones.

Yes, I know rock tumblers...this was like that, but geared to children, i.e. no electric, and plastic little kiddie stones...:shame: . Thanks for the help though, caitlin!!!

Ooh I always wanted those. They looked so fun on the commercials..

Eh, you didn't miss much :P . The fun kind of ended once the plastic stones were revealed, since I don't think any child in their right mind would truly want to wear the gaudy jewelry you could make from them:P . I always just played with the stones (and by "played" I mean looked at how shiny the plastic was as I held the stones in my hand:P ).

Things like this always make me wonder how we survived before the Internet. Who knew you'd not only get the name of a game, but also see the original commercial!

I can still hear my parents in my head .... "how silly. What happens after you clean all the rocks?"...of course, they were right.

treasure rocks! i remember those. i LOVEEEE tumbling them in the container and then seeing what pretty gems I get. Hmm I wonder what happened to all of mine's.

Megs - pretty, pretty princess was great!!