Looking for Cheap-o School/Book Tote

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
Hey guys - I've been using my balenciaga city for school for the past year now and I feel awful for the poor thing. Because of the tassles people sometimes STEP on them when the bag's on the floor :Push: - it's just too expensive of a bag for school. The year before I used my LV speedy, which is great because it fits alot, but now because I'm taking a 20 credit course load I have to use a HUGE 2" stuffed binder filled with mini text books and novels, along with papers, etc - so having to hold the speedy AND the book is a PITA. So then in April I got 2 large Coach hobo's because they were cheaper than my Balenciaga, which worked best for school being it went on my shoulder, and was still "designer". Now I'm beginning to think I should just forgo expensive bags all together for school. I'm looking for a cheaper canvas tote - and my vision is a black tote with a white skull on front. Any ideas where I can find this mystery bag? Thanks all :heart:

^^^^ they look ultra busy though - I'm looking for a cheap canvas bag - I'm not going for durability right now because I may end up hating it and ditching it. I've been carrying designer bags for 4+ years now - I may hate carrying a non-designer bag. Ya dig?

What about this messenger by Ichabod?

Ichabod's Etsy Shop - Day of the Dead skull Canvas Messenger shoulder Bag

rubbishtees custom-made this tote for someone. Perhaps you could contact her to make a bigger tote for you?

rubbishtees's Etsy Shop - Custom Butterfly Skull Tote

Other messengers on a skull theme by Ichabod:
Ichabod's Etsy Shop - pink skulls Canvas Messenger shoulder BAG

Ichabod's Etsy Shop - 3D SKULL MESSENGER SHOULDER BAG canvas leather

The last tote, by bootyboutiques, is cute but there's no mention of the dimensions:

bootyboutique's Etsy Shop - Skulls are for Gurls

Attachments

• InReverie girly skull purse.jpg
    InReverie girly skull purse.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 292
  • Babybugboutique black skull cross bones tote purse.jpg
    Babybugboutique black skull cross bones tote purse.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 353
  • mywishes hand distressed denim messenger.jpg
    mywishes hand distressed denim messenger.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 173
LivinLuxuriously, skulls aren't featured here but what do you think of these cotton canvas totes by Chandi?

[In Stock] Chandi: Jackalope Pattycake Tote

Those are exactly what I'm looking for - simple tote bags. But I just don't know what kind...arg...

I'm still looking through everyone elses suggestions - thanks! I'm not into the messenger style or purse styles - really a tote that'll fit my books length wise, you know? Thanks so much guys - I'm lost!

Hey guys - I've been using my balenciaga city for school for the past year now and I feel awful for the poor thing. Because of the tassles people sometimes STEP on them when the bag's on the floor :Push: - it's just too expensive of a bag for school. The year before I used my LV speedy, which is great because it fits alot, but now because I'm taking a 20 credit course load I have to use a HUGE 2" stuffed binder filled with mini text books and novels, along with papers, etc - so having to hold the speedy AND the book is a PITA. So then in April I got 2 large Coach hobo's because they were cheaper than my Balenciaga, which worked best for school being it went on my shoulder, and was still "designer". Now I'm beginning to think I should just forgo expensive bags all together for school. I'm looking for a cheaper canvas tote - and my vision is a black tote with a white skull on front. Any ideas where I can find this mystery bag? Thanks all :heart:

MI Janet tote, Bergdorf Goodman, $250