Thoughts on the Stam Hobo

merrazu

Merrazu
O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
I saw the Stam Hobo at NM the other day and loved it. The only thing that stopped me from getting it was the gold hardware on the bag. I only have previous season MJ bags with silver hardware. I've never been a big fan of gold anything. What do you guys think?

Gold hardware is in this season, esp with black bags... I'm not a fan of gold either, but I actually don't mind it this time around.

Unless I'm forgetting things again, Quilted Bags (introduced in Fall 2005) never came with silver hardware (antiqued or shiny gold only). I think they go well with gold hardware. =)

Unless I'm forgetting things again, Quilted Bags (introduced in Fall 2005) never came with silver hardware (antiqued or shiny gold only). I think they go well with gold hardware. =)

Thanks. I don't own any quilted bags - just the Venetia and Karolina. I've held off on the quilted b/c of the gold but I'm starting to change my mind.

bag.lover, you never forget anything! :idea: It's so wonderful, you're an asset to this forum!!

Gold hardware is in this season, esp with black bags... I'm not a fan of gold either, but I actually don't mind it this time around.

How funny, I've found myself in the same position. I never liked gold anything, until a few months back and now it's somehow grown on me. I remember hearing that MJ was switching to gold hardware for all his lines starting with fall 2005 (I think) and I got so depressed, "oh no! No more nickel!" And now I like the gold stuff, better! I'm not usually so fickle, must be something in the air.

The Stam hobo is the only one of the collection that I'd actually wear. I think it's a great bag... the gold hardware looks nice with it IMO

I can completely relate to your dilemma about the gold hardware. I was so used to seeing the silver hardware on MJ bags, and made a point to buy only bags (MJ or other) with it. Even jewelry. However, there are just too many pretty things with gold hardware that I caved :shame: ! Now, gold hardware does not bother me at all.

I used to not like gold either until I bought my MJ bags. I actually think the gold hardware looks better on the bags. It gives it a more luxurious look. Also, I think the Stam Hobo is absolutely gorgeous. I'd get one if I didn't have a regular Stam already.