Bought my Garden Party Rouge Imperiale Today!

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
Back from my shopping jaunt in Sydney - the place was PACKED - they have sold 22 Birkins in four days....only four crocs left.......

I got the Rouge Imperiale Garden Party (love her!) in the TPM size (35cm), and a special commemorative twilly for the opening of the Sydney Store! My friend bought a Trim in Barenia Natural (WONDERFUL!)...almost bought a 35cm gold vachee liagee Birkin, but changed my mind (loved it, but it didn't "sing" to me, if you know what I mean...bit stiff, too)...

Had my Box Kelly engraved in silver leaf with my initials (inside the left-hand strap, you can't see it unless you're looking for it)...saw the lovely craftsman again today - no pics - they were really strict about it...

LOTS of Birkin 30's left - brighton blue, chartreuse, toile/red combo, black (but I think it sold), Fuschia Ostrich...

will post pics of the twilly later...it's orange with keys all over it, and Hermes Sydney on it (keys for the opening..).

By the way - it was PISSINg down with rain (I mean it was coming in sideways down the main street!!)...my box kelly got quite wet, and after I wiped it dry (it wasn't wet for too long) little blisters appeared...the craftsman took a look and said not to worry...and by the time I left the store (TWO and a half hours later!!!) the box was back to it's former gl;ory...good news for all those boxcalf owners!!

TWENTY-TWO Birkins! I can't imagine that many out on the shelf at once!

Congrats on your Garden Party (and scarf!). Pics, please! Shame there are none of the drool-worthy craftsman, but I'll settle for some arm candy. :smile: It sounds like you had a fabulous time. I can't think of a more pleasant way to while away a stormy afternoon!

^yes, it was fun, but the store was SO full of people! Oh, and most of the Birkins were "out the back".....My friend & I got several dug out to have a sniff and a stroke!!!

Oh K!!! What a wonderful day you had! Congrats on your new Garden Party and commemorative twilly!:yahoo: :yahoo:Can't wait to see pics:smile:) Wow, so many Birkins sold and still lots left.. Hermes Heaven!!!

I would have loved to be in Birkin frenzy, that must have been a sight! I'll be patiently waiting for pic, K! (Too bad you couldn't get a pic of the craftsman):graucho:

OMG, K....It sounds like you had one GREAT DAY!!!!! 22 Birkins must be some kind of record!!!! Please, please post pics ASAP! I can't wait to see what you brought home and how wonderful it looks on you!!!!!!!

pics...

I'm not really into the twilly, but I had to get one, as it's limited to the Sydney Store.......:P

Attachments

• 100-0002_IMG_3.JPG
    100-0002_IMG_3.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 100-0003_IMG_3.JPG
    100-0003_IMG_3.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 150
WOW!!! Sounds like a real eventful day you had at the store! Where is the new Hermes store located?

So potentially anyone could bag a Birkin bag there then? Or are we talking about only selling to select customers?

22 Birkins over 4 days in ONE location must be a real record.

Please post pics of your new acquisition to let us share in your joy.:yahoo:

Can't wait to have the craftsman back in Singapore, because I kind of missed his presence at the store. I am afraid he would fall in love with beautiful Syndey :P and decide to move over there!!! Arrgh.

LOTS of Birkin 30's left - brighton blue, chartreuse, toile/red combo, black (but I think it sold), Fuschia Ostrich...

LOTS left???!!!! How many are we talking about?! Any Potiron???? I sure need to send someone there now to check out the bags!

K, I LOVE the Garden party! I can so see you wearing this bag all the time!!!! The color is gorgeous and though i'm not a twilly girl either, this one is beautiful! Love the colors!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

pics...

I'm not really into the twilly, but I had to get one, as it's limited to the Sydney Store.......:P

Kristie, lovely bag, isn't it??? I got the same one 2 weeks ago, and like you, I am also not into twillys. But the moment the SA tied the red Tohu Bohu onto the strap of the bag, I just had to get it for the whole "look". I have been using only this bag for the past 2 weeks, and thoroughly enjoy owning it. I can dump so much into it, sometimes with a milk bottle or drink bottle, and no one would suspect I have kiddy stuff in there ... in another words, I still look respectable and ladylike wearing a bag like this.

I am happy that Hermes has the right sense to make the bottom of the bag in leather and not canvas. It can get soiled easily otherwise. :P

K, Did you say they have LOTS of Birkin 30s???:wtf: :wtf: :drool: Is there some sort of special event happening in Sydney?

I was just talking to my best friend who's currently in Sydney at the moment sans baby and hubby to check out the Hermes store for me.