Will you buy the bag if the seller answer you like that ?

Annbkk557

O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
I'm interested to buy LV Papillon in Ebay so the most common question is what is the date code, isn't it. I email to ask the seller the 1st time she reply that The bag is lined with cross grain leather, not brown canvas taht you would find in a speedy model. Therefore, it does not have a date stamp. I suggest you confirm this with a LV store. This bag is 100% genuine.

I asked her again by saying that every LV bag should have date code and also tell her where she can find in Papillon bag and the answer was I have been buying Louis Vuitton for iver 15 years and not every item has a date stamp, therefore, I will not pull this bag to pieces looking for one. The purse has a code on the inner pocket RA1000. The Ellipse does not have a date code it was purchased 1994. All my items are 100% genuine as stated.

So am I wrong to think that every single bag should have the date code. But anyway I don't like the way she said that she will not pull this bag to pieces looking for one. If you want to sell your bag and reassure the buyer yoou should have done so.

I saw the picture of Papillon datecode in this forum posted by the members. I don't think you know how not to damage you bag. :P

Sorry for my poor English.

The papillon has a stamp it's just in a funny place and not off a tag like other bags that have a fabric lining and patch pocket, she's correct about the cross grain but WRONG about the code! She seems to think she knows more about LV than she does, you could find another papillon, unless this is an amazing deal, she doesn't deserve your business.....

I wouldn't buy from her she's rude, the papillon datecode is hard to see but it really doesn't take that much effort to see it give this one a miss if you have any problems it will only lead to headaches.

The bag is lined with cross grain leather, not brown canvas taht you would find in a speedy model. Therefore, it does not have a date stamp. I suggest you confirm this with a LV store. This bag is 100% genuine.
Incorrect - although LV does not share information about date codes and sometimes, SAs will say there isn't one, we know there is on almost every LV item (one exception is the baby Pap that comes with the Pap 30 mommy). The Mono and Damier Paps have their date codes heat stamped near the seam on one of the ends of the bag. They are hard to see but they are there.

I have been buying Louis Vuitton for iver 15 years and not every item has a date stamp, therefore, I will not pull this bag to pieces looking for one. The purse has a code on the inner pocket RA1000. The Ellipse does not have a date code it was purchased 1994. All my items are 100% genuine as stated.
Incorrect - there is NO inner pocket on a Pap that is lined with cross-grain leather. An Ellipse from 1994 will HAVE a date code that should read XX#9#4.

Do you have a link to the auction in question?

Hi Thanks to share your opinion.

But another thing the seller said it's papillon 26 but my sister in law who has Papillon 30 said the one in Ebay looks like her one so I'm so confused.

Here is the auction

eBay.co.uk: Authentic Louis Vuitton Papillon handbag (item 200024348784 end time 10-Sep-06 17:12:38 BST)
This is a Papillon 30. You'll need a pic of the heatstamp inside the bag and date code to be 100% sure. The date code is located just under the zip near the seam when it's open all the way. If she won't provide any pics , move on.:smile:

I wouldnt buy. Its hard to get to date code in the papillon but even so, I was still able to take a picture of mine awhile back. Bad attitude before you even purchase from her?... can you imagine after you purchase from her or if you have any problems with the purchase? There are plenty Papillons on ebay, you need not purchase from her.

Makes me wonder if this is the same one with the if-y indigo bedford a few weeks ago; think she replied to someone in the same way.. not sure though... I vote no. Papillon's are pretty easy to find...

I wouldn't buy anything from her! If she really wanted to sell the bag she would find the date code for you. Also how can you be sure it is authentic like she says, whey she obviously doesn't know what she is talking about?