Umm, so what is swift?

Serenity Now

Insanity later
Feb 6, 2006
Can someone pls tell me, what swift leather is? Is it textured like epsom, togo, etc. or is it smooth like calfbox? Is it heavy, stiff, what does it smell like (ie. strong smell??), and so on.

hi, swift leather is a quite similar in texture to box.. except it doesnt have that shine of box leather...it's not heavy like togo but buttery soft in feel..definitely not stiff...

see picture below... JPG kelly clutch in swift vermillon

181793514.jpg

I have seen and held a chamonix natural kelly.. chamonix is more matte (whereas swift has a very light sheen).. and stiffer/heavier IMO... I think it is a relatively new leather..

Swift has replaced the old Gulliver; I had a Bolide in Gulliver, and to me, the two leathers look the same...Maybe our experts have more details...

I don't know about Patina but Swift is not scratch resistant. the edges of my Kelly are already distressed even when I made sure they didn't bump into anything

hi, swift leather is a quite similar in texture to box.. except it doesnt have that shine of box leather...it's not heavy like togo but buttery soft in feel..definitely not stiff...

see picture below... JPG kelly clutch in swift vermillon

181793514.jpg

Swift replaced Hermes Gulliver leather, sorry don't have any pics to show you comparisons, I'm currently on vacation - its a beautiful, buttery soft to touch leather, not scratch proof though
HTH

I have a Bolide 1923 in vermillion swift -- it is soft to the touch, and almost spongy. I cannot believe that it would be "scratch-resistant" since it has so little surface texture to the leather itself -- unlike togo or clemence. It does not have much sheen, because the leather is soft it absorbs the light rather than reflects it, so it takes color beautifully. I love it, but I wouldn't choose it for a bag that I would use frequently -- I'd be afraid to get it banged up.