Most Lightweight BE? Easiest on Shoulder?

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
Hi everyone! I'm trying to decide on 1 final order for bespoke bliss and am now thoroughly confused.
I don't yet own any BEs but have placed an order for a Medium Hug Me in Chocolate Glossy and a Flirt with Me in Mottled Gold.
I've been looking at the Make Me Smile, the Love Me and the Take Me Everywhere.
Which would be the lightest of the 3? And which is the easiest to carry on the shoulder? I'm guessing the MMS is better handheld, but is it meant to be worn over the shoulder as well?
I'd like to get something that I can wear to work and for a day out - something medium sized that will hold my essentials with a little extra room.
Your suggestions are highly appreciated!!

Hi everyone! I'm trying to decide on 1 final order for bespoke bliss and am now thoroughly confused.
I don't yet own any BEs but have placed an order for a Medium Hug Me in Chocolate Glossy and a Flirt with Me in Mottled Gold.
I've been looking at the Make Me Smile, the Love Me and the Take Me Everywhere.
Which would be the lightest of the 3? And which is the easiest to carry on the shoulder? I'm guessing the MMS is better handheld, but is it meant to be worn over the shoulder as well?
I'd like to get something that I can wear to work and for a day out - something medium sized that will hold my essentials with a little extra room.
Your suggestions are highly appreciated!!

Welcome!!!!

I think a mms midi or tme would be ideal for work and casual use. The mms works great for either hand held or shoulder. Whereas, the TME is primarily a shoulder bag. You can't go wrong with either bag, IMO.

The LM is another gorgeous choice but for work, I think it's a bit too playful since it does a lot more hardware especially gromets. Then again, I have a couple PF friends that enjoy wearing their LM's to work.

Personally, I would save my LM for the weekend or travel! But, with those 3 mentioned styles, there's no wrong answer. You have great taste since those 3 are my favorites.

Good Luck. Please keep us posted!

I have both the MMS Midi and the TME Midi. The MMS Midi is a satchel whose straps work really nicely as a shoulder bag. So, MMS looks great handheld, but it also slips easily over the shoulder.
Whereas the TME is more of a shoulder bag that you can use as a handheld. There are two options for shoulder use -- the handles fit nicely over your shoulder, and the messenger strap is very comfortable and gives it a different look. For me, the TME is a more casual look.

The only think about MMS Midi is that it doesn't hang well with its messenger strap. It comes with a messenger strap, so you supposedly have that option. But when I tried to use it messenger style, the shape of the bag isn't so nice for that and it just doesn't look good.

I adore having both styles. My MMS Midi is Pewter Crash, my TME is black crash. But if I could have only one style, I would start with the TME.

Both TME and MMS are very light.

Oh, and I thought I'd add, that the most lightweight BE is the Hold Me. There is no hardware at all, it is a simple box bag that melts into a slouchy sack. It is mostly a handheld, but some ladies wear it over the shoulder -- without a coat on, I imagine.

Thanks lovebags and tropical gal!
I didn't really consider the Hold Me as I think it may be too casual.
I don't mind the grommets on the Love Me. While I do have to look professional at work (I'm an MD), it's easy enough with a white coat and I can pretty much get away with any decent-looking bag. I used to carry my Balenciagas to work all the time (until I gave them up for other things).

These BEs are so tempting - it doesn't help that I want 1 of everything! I have literally spent hours pouring over the website. Also, if I understand correctly, the bags look very different when carried. Right now I am torn between the LM midi and the MMS midi. The TME does not really call out to me but it seems everyone else loves it.

Thanks lovebags and tropical gal!
I didn't really consider the Hold Me as I think it may be too casual.
I don't mind the grommets on the Love Me. While I do have to look professional at work (I'm an MD), it's easy enough with a white coat and I can pretty much get away with any decent-looking bag. I used to carry my Balenciagas to work all the time (until I gave them up for other things).

These BEs are so tempting - it doesn't help that I want 1 of everything! I have literally spent hours pouring over the website. Also, if I understand correctly, the bags look very different when carried. Right now I am torn between the LM midi and the MMS midi. The TME does not really call out to me but it seems everyone else loves it.

I agree about the LM. Unless you are in a terribly old fashioned profession, I can't see why you can't use a LM for work. It is really a pretty restrained bag, with just a couple of zips and some rings, rather than being covered with studs or having a wild and avant garde shape. It would be fine in matt or even glossy leather. Nor does it seem at all over casual.

I see the TME as a bit of a pale shadow of the LM and am not really convinced by it. What is there about it that is fresh - it seems to be a very similar bag, with some of the more interesting detailing that gives character to the LM removed? Something about the shape of the MMS turns me off - I find it a bit ungainly. I also don't enjoy all the strong horizontal / vertical detailing on the WTM as this seems to clash with the softer effect of the gathered top.

PS - Forgot the real question. I don't find my full size LM (in Wine Glossy) particularly heavy (so I can't see a Midi being very heavy). It has superbly comfortable straps.

Last edited:
^^ Thank you for the reassurance!
I think I'll go with the LM Midi then. I am sorely tempted by the Wine Glossy (though I do have a couple of bags in bordeaux/burgundy) but also by Tan with Gold HW. Decisions decisions:rolleyes:

I just sent her an email about the Dark Grey glossy as well. I would love something in Grey but can't tell from the photos posted here or on the BE website if the grey (glossy) is more khaki or more grey..

I just sent her an email about the Dark Grey glossy as well. I would love something in Grey but can't tell from the photos posted here or on the BE website if the grey (glossy) is more khaki or more grey..

I get the impression that it is right in the middle of grey and khaki. I am presuming that it is rather like the Chloe colour Roche.

Jenova -- I find the shape of the MMS Midi to be very classic, in keeping with the classic shape of the Longchamps bags. It is very satchel-y, and yet it works on the shoulder. I like it because it is deep and east west and flat at the same time.

I think the Love Me has a much edgier look than the TME. When I saw the TME on the website I too was underwhelmed. But when I received it as my prize for the BE quiz -- I was thrilled with it and plan to order in more colors.

Having had a Love Me, I can definitely say the Love Me is heavier than the TME.

Hipnycmom -- you have a wonderful dilemna to solve! Which BE to get first. But one thing for sure, you will want to try all the styles. I never thought I would want a Hold Me, and it is turning out to be a favorite.

I have to say, that the pictures on the website don't compare to the bags in person -- the way they melt and flow, the way they feel, the way they look when you wear them.

Have fun! You can't go wrong with any of your choices. You are, after all, a Hip New York Mom!