Food New Barefoot Contessa cookbook out next week

winniejo

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
Ina Garten's new book comes out Tuesday- Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics: Fabulous Flavor from Simple Ingredients.

All her stuff turns out so great, can't wait to try new recipes!

summer_08_books_bcbtb_cover.jpg

I want to be the one filming her shows and eating the leftovers. YUM

She always seems to have lots of friends invited to this or that lunch/dinner whatever and I don't think the crew gets to eat much of what's prepared, unless she makes extra outside of the show's demonstration itself. It would really suck to watch/film her preparing something mouthwatering only to see her and her guest(s) devour everything!!

I saw her show yesterday on filet mignon and while I'm a card carrying Hindu who doesn't eat beef or pork, I swear to god, my mouth was watering as she seared it with the pepper and salt crust and finished cooking it in the oven. I've never wanted beef in my life but Ina can make you want a steak! Argh! Nigella has that effect on me, too.

I LOVE the Contessa. FINALLY a cook who is a bit plump. That hasn't happened on TV since Julia Child.

I also adore her because she is a bit shy, like me.

My favorite episode this year was when she was cooking her hubby's fav dinner for their anniversary. He gave her more presents than they had agreed upon, she worked for hours in the kitchen just to please him. So sweet!!!

I love the Barefoot Contessa, I agree, it's nice seeing someone who has a normal weight and actually looks like she eats and enjoys the food she makes rather than giving it away to everyone. I don't have any of her cookbooks yet but I seriously need to get some.

I have her French cookbook (Barefoot in Paris) and it's really great. I've met her at a book signing and she's really nice. The Back to Basics shows have already been airing on FN, so I'm looking forward to seeing the cookbook!

I like Ina too. She seems normal and such a nice person. I haven't bought her cookbooks but I enjoy watching her shows when I can catch them. I'm not that interested in watching the other cooks on FN.