Me again!!! What do you think of the Ombre Bays??

rachiem

O.G.
Sep 7, 2007
SM have this bag in at £486...did any of the meet girls see it and what did they think.
Tempted as I love the Bayswater and may consider this instead of the Fushia Mabel but I haven't seen it IRL.
Any thoughts??

Is it the pink ombre you mean? I looked at it and the graduation is very understated. It's not as show stopping as I thought it would be. It's actually quite a dark colour at the bottom.
I do think it's a bag you need to see IRL before buying though.
No, don't think it looks dirty.

Rachie , if I was you I would get what you really want Fuchsia Mabel . I thought someone said there was one at an outlet?
If not as you got the full price back for your mabel use the vouchers to get it from a store . That way you will have just swapped like for like.

Is it the pink ombre you mean? I looked at it and the graduation is very understated. It's not as show stopping as I thought it would be. It's actually quite a dark colour at the bottom.
I do think it's a bag you need to see IRL before buying though.
No, don't think it looks dirty.

Thanks SJ, yes the pink one. I would really love to visit SM, just a bit too far.
Don't want to make the mistake of ordering and having to send back.
Just have vouchers burning a hole in my pocket!!
We are passing Bicester early Dec so I may just have to hold off a bit and be patient?

Rachie I wasn't sure about the pink ombre tbh :s It didn't look dirty, but it certainly didn't wow me. I agree with Flossie, I'd hold on for your Fuchsia mabel. Either bite the bullet and pay full price with your vouchers, or hang on for the outlets to get one in.

I think if it was me I'd just go ahead now actually. I mean there's a good chance that the outlets will get one, but how long's a piece of string? It could be ages, and you might have driven yourself into a frenzy by then :hysteric: Well, I would have done if it was me :nuts:

I did like the Pink Ombre but your heart is really set on a Fushia Mabel and I just think that you are 'making do' with the Pink Ombre because there is one available!

Don't do it - I think you will only send it back.

Hold out for what you really want!

Thanks guys I will be patient a couple more weeks??
I've just had to send my Agyness now for repair.
Like another PFer, the zip keeps jamming. I had put up with it and not bothered to zip the bag up but hubby mentioned that for an expensive bag I shouldn't have to put up with it and to get it fixed before the year...I hope they can fix it as I am now down to just 6 bags and in need of a fix!!
I need to buy a bag soon...and if I get the Fuschia from an outlet, I might be able to afford the A4 Roxanne tote in oak I've also been eyeing up.

Last edited:
I love ombre (I have a Prada ombre-my avater), but I do think it is one of those fashionable things that'll pass eventually. If I were you I'd go for a regular choc bays instead - it's more classic and timeless. But you should go for the ombre if you already have a bunch of bayswaters and are looking for something different. I've seen it IRL and it is a beauty (and that's all that matters really)